No announcement yet.

Least favourite faction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The factions which go on my nerves most are the Morganites and the Data Angels.
    I love green economy, and that alwas pisses Morgan off. Morgan Industries is only good for one thing - as planet buster testing range
    And those Angels love to probe even there allies
    If I don't get the HSA, the Angels are my primary target.

Yes, Santiago, Yang and Cha Dawn like to declare vendetta on me, but normally they were not strong enough to do me any harm.

Deirdre is a reliable ally most times (because of my green econ), and astonishingly in a lot of games I have good working pacts with Miriam
    And Miriam is often easy to submit, and then she is a nice pet

A strange guy is Domai Sometimes he is the most reliable pactmate You can think of, but in other cases he can be the worst plague
    I hate it when his ecodamages drowns my land, and I hate it to be probed by him. And the Drones with their industry are one of the factions played best by the AI. So it is normally my strategy to conquer them as soon as possible, except they behave very, very pretty

Comment

Miriam and Yang are big pests in most of my games, but I am more annoyed by Zak. He gets uppity because he's got a 2-1-2 rover, starts harassing me (most often Cult or Gaians) for energy and other techs, and finally pronounces vendetta unless I buckle under (which I never do). I hate having to slow down growth, exploration, and development to have to find him/ ward off his wandering attackers. He makes an ok pet once he's subdued, though.

Domai makes a great friend if he's not your next-door neighbor. In the latter case, he will forget all the gift techs and niceness, renounce a pact and eventually sneak attack if he's near enough. With slightly more separation, though, he'll bog himself down in vendettas and gift you a lot of units to upgrade.

The Pirates are another thorny faction. While friendly enough early on, they wind up in so many vendettas that you're bound to be in pact/ peace with at least one of them and he starts getting mad. Staying at peace with him is a waste of time, since he will always start building his bases right offshore of yours to steal the development efforts.

The worst things about Miriam and Yang is that they make lousy pets -- they wind up in vendetta against the world, so peace with them creates diplomatic hassles with other factions. Knock 'em out and use their bases as supply crawler factories until you can give them away to a worthier pet.

Comment

Miriam is the psycho, pain in the @ss warmonger in most of my games. She's such a nuisance I take great pleasure in crushing her.

------------------
        Brother Locus of the Peacekeepers
        Brother Locus of the Peacekeepers

Comment

Working...
        X