Desperate Measures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Measures

In the finest traditions I have, after upgrading my computer I find that it is not working entirely properly. The verdict is still out as to what the problem is, but the upshot is that I am unable to reinstall SMAC/X (on the offchance anyone here knows what's going, I get "Error during data move : -117", in both vanilla SMAC and PP installs. Similar things seem to happen to Dungeon Keeper 2)

Now, a quick glance at the CD seems to show that the files on the CD look remarkably similar to those in the game directory. I know intallation doesn't register the program, as I've run an old install after a Windows reinstall in the past. So, I'm wondering if I can get away with just copying the files over? Can someone do a file comparison for me?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

*** bump-ada-bump

Comment

Working...
    X