I love this place.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this place.......

I've been here one month now exactly. And as you all can see I am a warlod, which means that I have post more than 100 messages. So that's more than 3 a day......

So anyway, This isn't really a discussion thread, just a simple "hat off" for the people behind the scenes and all you other people out there in the world, if I had a life I might choose this one anyway, if I didn't, then this place gives me one. I love this place and I like you all.......

well maybe not quite everyone...

So feel free to to post your own opinion about this place here.

It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

(looks around) I hate this place ....

Comment

Well, Warlord KnowHow2, congradulations. :-)
      "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

KnowHow2, I've been coming to this board for information and exchanges of ideas on SMAC since 1999. I share your opinion about the quality of the members and fun one has here. So, even though I now and then try other games, I soon get bored with them and find my way back to SMACX and back to this board. Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Yeah, have to say that I share knowhow2's feelings there, even though I registered just a week ago.

The downside to the entire thing is.. you guys are getting me even more addicted to SMAC/X. So if my friends start complaining about me getting less social irl, I'll blame you people, ok?

Comment

AT AOKH, I have like 4000 posts, and I'm averaging more then 10 a day.

here I'm more of a lurker

but this place does rock

Comment

Hehehe...
              Any place that has Smilies is a GOOD place to be!

But, seriously, I have been reading the hints, tips, etc., here for only two or three weeks and the game has become so much more fun! I was already playing more than I should, but through my recent bouts of insomnia, I have had a lot of time to try a lot of new things. Keep it coming! And thank you very much!
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by gwillybj on 03-26-2001 01:19 AM
                Hehehe...
                Any place that has Smilies is a GOOD place to be!

Right!
                But my stupid question: How to put these cool smileys into the text?
                Thanks for a tip.

Comment

Just click on the Smilies Legend to the left of the message box when you're writing a message and you'll see..

Or use this link
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/smilies.shtml

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Congradulations on becomming a warlord. This little corner of Apolyton is a nice quite place to talk SMAC among friends. If you want a little of excitement you should go over to the Off Topic forum. The people are a little strange at first but after a while they will become so much stranger. Because you are a warlord you will be spared the DL dance. Well, I'm pretty sure of that anyway. So come on over. We need all the SMAC fans over there that we can get. The place if full of CIV lovers.

------------------
                      I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it. Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

?? What is the "DL dance"?-- I have seen mentions of "DL" in the Off-Topic forum such as "ABC is a DL for XYZ". Does it mean a double identity or something??

Comment

sprayber,

thanx for the invite. I have to say I not sure what you mean? I will try to find the Off topic place but incase I don't find it maybe you could tell me where it is?

edt. found the place... still trying to figure out what DL means though.
                          [This message has been edited by knowhow2 (edited March 26, 2001).]
                          It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

It stands for Double Login, which are of course not allowed. Not that anyone usually notices. I have to say that my Princeship is mainly due to my occassional forays into OT-land. I try to stay out of it now.
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

The off topic can be described as what happens when all the faction leaders meet for a council session. You have your Yang's, Santiago's, Morgan's, Lal's and every other leader. We all get along about as well I guess.

The DL dance is happens when a new poster comes to the Off Topic forum and everyone basically accuse of you being one of the regulars. Since you are a warlord, they had a hard time with it. Ming, the monderator, is currently on an anti-spam witch hunt and locked your thread because the those posters spammed it.

Chowlett: You talk like it is a dirty little secret that you post in the Off Topic.

The off topic is just what the title suggests. It is all about everything but gamming. Politics, religion, war, peace, stupidity, vanity, laughter, and few other topics are covered there. So if you come over, throw on your flame suit, make sure flame gun is charged and pick your allies carefully. It's not nice and cozy like our little corner of Apolyton. You can have fun, but sometimes it gets personal. That's when Ming steps in and draws a line. It can be addicting in of itself.
                              [This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited March 26, 2001).]
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                              X