Plague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague

When the Prometheus Virus strikes, how long does it last? Is it ten years? I know that the HGP helps stop the spread of the virus. Do labs and research hospitals help also against the spread or just help prevent?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 03-03-2001 12:56 AM
    When the Prometheus Virus strikes, how long does it last? Is it ten years? I know that the HGP helps stop the spread of the virus. Do labs and research hospitals help also against the spread or just help prevent?

It only lasts one year, I *think*. Yes, the HGP helps. Research Hospitals and Nanohospitals help (they are cumulative) prevent it. Those two are the only ones that help with the nasty little bugger. The Bio Lab helps with that disease that wipes out forests.

NS

Comment

The Prometheus virus is a one off - I simply halves the population of the base it strikes, and halves the populations of all bases within a number of tile equal to the new population of the first base. It stops there. The outbreak is contained at any base with a research or nanohospital (so if the first base has one, nothing happens), and is contained entirely by a "Medical" secret project - presumably HGP or LV.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

The PV has struck roughly ten times in my relativlely short SMAC career; the HGP was credited with stopping it seven times, a reasearch hospital the other three. It appeared to that the game checks for a reasearch hospital first, and then checks for HGP.

I don't recall losing any population in either case.

------------------
        The Mad Monk

"The sun shines to-day, also."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I remember getting hit really badly in my first game...
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I got hit by it hard the firts few time I played. Now I usually have the HGP or a reaserch hospital. Now I get to look at reports of other faction being struck by it. It is a nasty little bug, but one that at least my factions usually are spared from now. Thanks for the info.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
            X