AI "cheating" (or just dodgy numbers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI "cheating" (or just dodgy numbers)

i recently ran a few tests on combats, and unless I have been stupendously unlucky, it seems that the computer weighs the odds towards AI players more than the numbers alone should do. For example i tried a battle of 2 even strength units 10 times and lost on 9 of them, to different extents. Is this a known fact? I'm not particulary bothered about it, after all the game needs more challenging opponents, but I'd prefer to know about it beforehand if they are fiddling the odds....

I can't confirm that, but it is known the AI cheats in some things:

- Needeljets and missles can "park" in the air if they have no base to return.

- AI can bribe bases for very few money

- AI knows always where Your ships are.

- AI faction pressure domes appear out of nothing when sea level rises.

"Steelborn, Starborn"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TheAuk on 02-26-2001 11:43 PM
      i recently ran a few tests on combats, and unless I have been stupendously unlucky, it seems that the computer weighs the odds towards AI players more than the numbers alone should do. For example i tried a battle of 2 even strength units 10 times and lost on 9 of them, to different extents. Is this a known fact? I'm not particulary bothered about it, after all the game needs more challenging opponents, but I'd prefer to know about it beforehand if they are fiddling the odds....

Of course it cheats! It's the only way it can keep up with you. What computer game AI doesn't?

NS

Comment

I know that it cheats, but I'd much prefer that it blatently cheated (i.e by having built in and visible "advantages"). Having the combats turn out differently to what the figures (on the screen) suggest should happen is really really annoying.

Comment

Had we not agreed a thread or two ago that all factions can "trade" 4 citizens for a pressure dome?
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
          X