Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you establish a lasting peace with the Giaians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you establish a lasting peace with the Giaians?

Or are the tree huggers as bad as the rest?

Of course you can. Just beat them into submission .

Seriously, they are suposedly suppose to be easier to make friends, since they are set to pacifist (like Morgan BTW). However, there are some AI algorithms that override this - e.g. when you and they are top 2 factions, or you are running FM.

LoD
    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
    LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
    civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

It's FM that does it with the Gaians, and to a lesser extent, Planned - which basically means they are going to be hostile until mid-game.
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mark13 on 02-11-2001 03:27 PM
        It's FM that does it with the Gaians, and to a lesser extent, Planned - which basically means they are going to be hostile until mid-game.

Say what? FM?

Comment

FM = Free Market SE
          SE = Social Engineering (Choice)

So if you are running FM SE, the Gaians tend to hate you. They would rather that you run Green or Frontier economics.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Dee and Lal seem to betray me more often than the rest. Or maybe I just expect it from the others. Another thing that might set her off is if she is next to you on the map. More often than not, your neighbor is your first and worst enemy unless you make them submit.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I've been able to form lasting pacts with the Gaians! I had one as the Consciousness with them, and they joined me in no less than seven wars - three times against the Free Drones, twice against the Believers, once against the Morganites and once against the Peacekeepers. We signed a Treaty the instant we met (they were the first faction I encountered) and apart from a quick warning to switch from Planned to Green (I did - I was planning to all along) we didn't have a single skirmish.
              The Peacekeepers...now, that's another matter. Despite my running Democracy, they took an instant dislike to me and we had a bit of a skirmish early on. I captured their HQ and one other base, and they quickly fell silent. However, after getting the upper hand in a war against Miriam, they got cocky and started up again. With the help of the Gaians, I finally managed to eliminate them, after the Peacekeepers breaking two Pacts of Brotherhood, three Treaties of Friendship and two Blood Truces! Anyone else had these problems with Lal, because I certainly haven't with Deirdre!
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Lal is the highest on my "most wanted" list, in fact he can't see the competition they are so far below him. The most latest crime against me that Lal has commited was in a game where I intended to win by vote, with the intention of PACT'ing with everyone. Lal was the only one who wouldn't accept a pact ever.

The really bad thing was the other AI's where Yang, Miriam, Santi, Sven and Cha Dawn. With the help of my warmongery pactmates I easily outvoted Lal for supreme leader but he was still a major jerk for never pacting with me when even Cha Dawn (whom I met later than Lal) could manage.

The other crime against me that Lal likes to commit is pacting with Yang and Miriam while refusing to pact with me even though I am a peaceful democracy.

I find Dee to be a highly stable ally, her only requirment is you run Green. Miriam and Santi show good respect for force, if you have a powerfull army they quiet down.

The two that really can't be trusted are Marr and H'mniee, I trust neither further than I can throw them, and this is very much programmed into there personality. The strange thing is that there is no setting in Lal's personality that makes him be such a jerk. Altough that also justifies planetbusting the crap out of the PK'ers, because Lal can't blame the presonality settings for his actions

Comment

i mostly have problems with the believers but that's probably because i usually pick the hive or the university. the gaians aren't so bad as long as you pick green economy which i usually do because it counteracts the -2 efficiency i get from police state which i need for the +2 support. but then by picking green i get morgan after me even though he's easy to beat for the most part and my police state gets lal and miriam all uppity.

Comment

Working...
                  X