Manifold Nexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold Nexus

What exactly does the Manifold Nexus do, and how do you "activate" it?

------------------
    "Are you good men and true?" Much Ado About Nothing, Act III, Scene III

To "activate" the Manifold Nexus, you simply need to have it in your territory. Then, your faction gains a +1 to its Planet rating. You can verify the change in the Social Engineering display.

Comment

Thanx.

------------------

Comment

To be pedantic, you also need to know that it is in your territory. If it is within your borders but you have not discovered it yet, you will not get the bonus.

Comment

Yep. That's all true.

For fun, move a unit around the Nexus for a while, and eventually you'll see an interlude about it.

Also, if you are playing an alien faction, having the Nexus also gives you +1 Research. (which is also on the SE display)
          Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Thanks. I know you have to know that it is there, and I have seen the interlude. I had never seen the nexus until a game that I played just the other day. It was in Spartan territory and I haven't had a chance to take over their bases around it yet, and was just wondering if I had to activate it or something. Now I know. Thanks.

------------------

Comment

It seems that You must have the central field of the nexus in Your territorry to get the benefits.

In my last game, I occupied the nexus. But later, due to sea level rising caused by ecodamage, part of the nexus, including the central field, became water, and I lost the +1 in planet rating.

"Steelborn, Starborn"

Comment

That seems to be the way it is with the other landmarks too. If the terrain level of them raises, or lowers, then any bonuses to resources in the area are usually lost.

Comment

Yep. The worst example of this is when you pod pop an earthquake in your monsoon jungle, destroying most of it, as I did a couple games back.

Comment

I really hate the Fossil Ridge. What the heck is the point of it? I mean, sure, +1 minerals is a nice thing to have - we've all have Industrial Boom bases that suddenly start producing a whole lot faster, right? - but as soon as you start Terraforming Up to build any Kelp Farms and Tidal Harnesses - oops! Nope! Not permitted. The fossils slip through your fingers and they're gone, so it's Mining Platforms all the way.
                    Ah well...
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Aren't the Pirates able to improve ocean and ocean trench terrain later in the game? It's a long time to wait, but it can (possible) make the landmark kinda useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X