No announcement yet.

Personal Vendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a way to deal with sea bases on your coastline.

From a post my me in this thread -
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum12/HTML/001381.html?36

(snip)
    Sealurks.
    AI built a sea base on top of your coast base? Build 6 of these, surround the offending base and release all of them into the wild. AI -1 base.
    (end snip)

Also works with mindworms on land.

(edit - remembered something about IoD's)
    [This message has been edited by Mouse (edited January 12, 2001).]
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Xarathas on 01-12-2001 12:32 PM
      Hmm, maybe it's just me but contrary to what some of you feel about Roze, she is my absolute *favorite* pact mate(when she's not on my continent of course). She's always faithful, never probed me once, and always gives me free techs when I ask to exchange but don't have any to give =D

I don't mind Roze either, an AI faction has to be quite lucky to succesfully probe me due to my HEAVY use of sensors and my ARMIES of formers, in fact HSA is one of my least important SP's (The only reason I'll ever build it is to stop Zak getting it)

I like to keep my submissive pactmates up to par with tech, I don't give them my very latest stuff but usually they are within 3-4 techs of me, this keeps them happy and they dont resort to probing.

If they do probe I let them off with a warning, then give them a few techs to make them happy again. I don't like them stealing from me, but I'm happy to gift the exactly same thing to them for free... hmmm. One minor bonus of being probed by pactmates is security locks.

To prevent them trading my tech I make sure I (and my other pactmates) are there only friends using "declare war on..." or framing probe actions.

Finally I love to probe my submissive pactmates, I drain there energy and incite riots to train my probes up to elite. I also steal tech from there bases to add security locks, making it that much harder for other factions to steal my alliances tech. My submissives dont mind at all, but my rep can take a big hit and other factions complain about my treatment of so and so and say they wont tolerate the same being done to them.

ps: Does anyone find it amusing when you have just gone on a rampage through morgans territory, he is this far > < from being shipped off to the punishment sphere when he surrenders, you accept.

Then after giving up every credit he owns morgan explains that you have to resume repayments for that 20 credit loan, and he has added interest and PENALTIES...

Comment

Hmm, maybe it's just me but contrary to what some of you feel about Roze, she is my absolute *favorite* pact mate(when she's not on my continent of course). She's always faithful, never probed me once, and always gives me free techs when I ask to exchange but don't have any to give =D

Comment

Funny thing that all on the board agrees about good old Lal being such a bad sport. He is one of the best pact mates in the game (as long as we don't compete about 1th and 2nd place of course). Maybe it is because I go planned democracy asap the most of the game, but that ain't THAT unique. Even if many Morganites out there are freemarket believers.
          The story of your life is not your life it is your story.

Comment

Funny thing that all on the board agrees about good old Lal being such a bad sport. He is one of the best pact mates in the game (as long as we don't compete about 1th and 2nd place of course). Maybe it is because I go planned democracy asap the most of the game, but that ain't THAT unique. Even if many Morganites out there are freemarket believers.
            The story of your life is not your life it is your story.

Comment

I tend to take ALL faction-actions personally...

I mean how dare they NOT vote for me as supreme overlord of the universe?

Although I have never resorted to using planet busters, I usually build a skimship probe team and ram it down there throat (naturally making it look like someone else did it) and watch as they take each other out.

And on the topic of shared ownership of a continent...unless the land is large enough to support at least 20 or more bases (combined total) they immediately have a contract out on their heads. I don't share land with NOBODY!!!!!!!

------------------
              007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007
              "My dear girl don't flatter yourself.
              What I did this evening was for king and
              country. You don't think it gave me any
              pleasure do you?

--- James Bond
              Read my SMAC fiction @ http://apolyton.net/forums/register.php?a=act&u=8338&i=978930000

Give your comments @ http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8530

Comment

My recent game, Domai (formerly seen by me as a trustable pactmate) has pissed me off really, and this in a clever way I haven't expected by the AI.

In early game, we were pacted. Then he revoked pact because I (Cha Dawn) was running green.

Domai was on a big island next to my continent. What did this bastard do? First he built a landbridge between his island and my continent. Then he sent a former to connect our road nets. When I contacted him to move his former out of my territory, he offered me pact. I was so stupid and thought, some more money through the pact - nice - and agreed.
                But then - Domai sent probe teams to steal my techs!
                First I only warned him not to do that again. But he probed me a second time. I stopped the pact and declared vendetta. After I conquered the first of his bases, he surrenderd - and the next turn I had again his probe teams on the way to my bases. Additionally, he began to produce a planet buster.

That was enough for me. I decided to wipe him out of planet's surface and put my troops on the way.
                I conquered his whole continent (with his 3 SP's :-)).
                All ist still left of the Drones are two small faraway
                sea bases, and my Sharks will take them out in the next few turns.

My reputation was totally ruined during this actions, and I am now in vendetta with all over factions (have also broken my treaty with Morgan, because he started to build a PB which could reach some of my important bases), but I don't bother. I strong enough to fight them all.

Comment

Working...
                X