How do I free a faction leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I free a faction leader?

How do you free a captured leader? I tried but never got the option. Santiago had wiped out the believers way early in the game. When I got to be number #1 on the power chart everyone hated me (and was at war with me, except for Cha Dawn, but thats only because he was incredibly weak.) I figured I needed at least one ally for trade purposes at least. I spent a lot of effort sneaking a probe team to Sparta Command but the option to free Miriam never came up! What gives?

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Are you sure it was Santiago who destroyed the believers? I thought I was having a problem like this once, and I found it was actually a different faction that had captured the leader, after the 'destroyed' faction restarted in another location.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Do you have the v2 patch? IIRC, this feature wasn't included in the original release - you may need to patch it.
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Is there a limit on how many times a faction is started?
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 01-10-2001 04:45 PM
          Is there a limit on how many times a faction is started?

I really doubt it, when they're captured they go right back to the punishment sphere. Not 100% sure though.

Comment

Send a probe to the HQ of the faction that captured the leader you want to set free.

I don't think you need SMAX2 to do that, but I might be wrong. It's not an option that I use very often (as I'm usually the one eradicating the others )

Aredhran

Comment

The game rules have something to do with it as well. Should the "Do or Die" option be on oe off?

Comment

If "Do or Die" is selected the faction will not be restarted unless you free a faction leader, right?

But if the "Do or Die" is not selected then when the final base is overrun, the faction is relocated to another part of the map. That would seem to eleminate the conquest option right?
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It doesn't seem to eliminate the victory by conquest options, at least not in a couple of games I played resently. The eliminated fuction would restart durring the early game, not the late game. It seems to disable the "free faction leader" ability of the probes, though.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Myronides on 01-12-2001 09:30 PM
                    It doesn't seem to eliminate the victory by conquest options, at least not in a couple of games I played resently. The eliminated fuction would restart durring the early game, not the late game. It seems to disable the "free faction leader" ability of the probes, though.

Thats cool.

Comment

I can't be certain, though. It's impossible for me to test it with the senario editor, and it takes ages to come to this point playing a regular game. If someone knows better, please correct me.
                      [This message has been edited by Myronides (edited January 13, 2001).]

Comment

Wait, so you HAVE to have Do or Die on to be able to free faction leaders? Even in the late game when they HAVE been captured?

Comment

Here goes the complete explanation of this, from the game I've just played almost to the end:
                          Normal game, with me as Yang, Do or Die OFF. H'Minee is at war with everyone, and thus, early one, she eradicates close neighbor - Santiago. About 15 turns later, my probe arrives to their HQ (I wanted to incite Drone Riots), but I saw Free Captured Faction Leader option. I was given choice whom to free (only Santiago available), and then I was warned that success chance is only 50%, and the team will 100% be eliminated.
                          I managed to free Santiago, she has sweared a permament Pact, and given me all of her tech.
                          Later, the same happened with Zakharov, so I now know this works, and it's possible to free them, even with Do or Die off.

------------------
                          Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
                          [This message has been edited by Solver (edited January 14, 2001).]
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah. Well thanks then. Answers my Q....

Comment

Working...
                            X