Max # of units? Anybody know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max # of units? Anybody know?

Does anybody know the max number of units?

At a certain point in the game I cannot build anymore units.
    Seems to be at about five hundred.
    Any idea?
    Its purty damn fustrating when Im gittin ready for a massive invasion and then find Im not able to build the transports.

Thanks in advance
    Doc

Docfeelgood, I have had the game never come out of end-of-turn, probably due to something being overloaded, but I have never reached a unit limit. This was a real problem in the original CIV game where the limit was around 120 units, if I remember correctly. One simply did not have enough units to both garrison one's cities and launch and offensive. So, typically, you just left your "interior" cities unoccuppied.

I suggest a similar strategy here.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Doc:

Just opened another saved game - I have 865 units (88 bases) - altho of the units, 218 are land supply crawlers and 242 are ocean crawlers (don't know if that makes any difference - their not all being combat units)

Googlie

Comment

Doc:

Same as ned - I have a stalled game that several have tried to advance, but it was humungus map and many units (but I had only 421, whereas Yang (AI) had almost 600)

Don't think it's a #s thing, prolly an overall systems overload thing. (My rig's a PIII 700 with 128 MB RAM and I prolly pushed it to the limit - the map was 960 x 900)

Googlie

Comment

Where can you find a count for the number of units? Or do you need to do a city by city inspection in the base operations status screen?

Comment

Why not go to the base operations and hit the button that displays all the units? If you add up all the (alive) units there it will be quicker than a base by base inspection if you have a big empire.

Comment

RedFred et al:

game does the addition for you.

F7 brings it up

Bottom left should have a small window that shows:

Land Units x - y - z
              Naval units x - y - z
              Air Units x - y - z
              Non-combat Units x - y - z

Total Units x - y - z

where x = # active; y = # in production and z = # lost

(Can also be accessed thru the F2 key, and Security Nexus (penultimate icon - shield - in the icon row at bottom)

G.

Comment

Working...
              X