A base revolted *again*!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A base revolted *again*!

A while back, playing as the Cyborgs, I had a base revolt and join the Believers. Obviously, I was playing SMAX. Now, just yesterday, I was playing classic SMAC and had it happen again--and again the base joined the Believers! I was Zak. My reaction at both times has been: first, "oh S**t!" and second, "cool!"

I didn't even know this was an enabled feature in SMAC, I thought it was a new thing in SMAX. It's a very very big pain, but it's pretty darn neat: the base that revolted was right in the middle of my territory, and I had to scramble troops to retake it.

Both times this has happened, the base has been in drone riot for only two turns; basically, I'd forgotten to fix a drone riot in one turn, and the base instantly revolted after I hit "turn complete." The thing that's strange is, after this happened, I was testing something in the Scenario Editor, and I let a lot of my bases stay in drone riot for many turns, and none of them ever revolted. So I can't figure it out. Maybe... maybe if a base is about to grow a new citizen but it's in drone riots? That's the only thing I can think of.

Anyway, thought y'all'd like to know.

Bases don't need to be in the riot stage for any number of turns to defect. Once the entire population is drones, a rival faction recieves your city. Yes, it is a pain

Comment

Working...
    X