Moving Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Borders

Just wondering if there is any way in the scenario/map editor to move the faction borders, I can't seem to find a way.

Is there any way to affect the borders at all, or are they based purely on base layout.

Purely base-based. IIRC, your border will be eight squares from the nearest base, unless another faction is nearby, when it will be halfway between the nearest two opposing bases.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

You can edit the alpha.txt or alphax.txt to specify the number of squares away from the base that the borders go. The default is eight, but if you really want 4 or 16, go for it.

Of course, that may or may not help in your specific scenario.

BTW, in case you are unaware, if you place a version of alphax.txt (edited) in the scenarios folder, it uses those settings, not the default ones.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

I wonder if anyone's played with this feature. Does the AI become more aggressive if the borders are contracted? I'd assume it would.

Comment

Working...
        X