Spot-the-Old-Icon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot-the-Old-Icon!

So, probably everyone who's gone spying through the .pcx files has seen the old faction icons, right? (They're in a file called, oddly enough, newicons.pcx, because they contain new icons for the talents, I guess.) You can see not only the old faction icons, but the old names for the factions as well (Hive=Keeper, University=Archon, Believers=Conclave, and the weirdest: Peacekeepers=Labyrinth). Well, if you've noticed that, you've probably also noticed that these old icons are actually still in the game in various places.

Just for fun, let's try to tally all the appearances of the old art. The most obvious example is the old "Archon" icon that's right there on the University's headquarters art. But also:

**if you look really closely at the gold plates near the tops of the Morgan HQ towers, you can see the old, diamond-shaped Morgan logo.

**Zak has an earring that looks like it could be the old Archon logo, although it's too low-rez to tell for sure.

**The holobook called "Zen and the art of Missile Rover Maintenance" was probably intended to parody the old Archon logo.

**I'm pretty sure I've seen the old Morgan logo in one of the cut-scenes, but I can't remember which one.

Any others?

Yep, funny you should mention that, because if you look at the Peacekeeper diplomacy landscape, you will see a strange looking logo on the front of the building. I had wondered what it was, but I've just realised - I think it is the old Labyrinth logo.

Another question: Why such a drastic change in ideology (Labyrinth-Peacekeeper)? Perhaps they felt the Labyrinth faction would be too similar to the Hive?
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

The Peacekeeper diplomacy screen? Are you sure? That's the one with the buildings with the minarets, right? That looks like the current logo to me...

Comment

It certainly looks to me like the old logo, it looks far too basic to be the Peacekeeper logo. You know which one I mean, right? Below the minarets, in the centre of the building itself. It doesn't look too clear, though, you may be right.
        We're back!

Comment

It is in fact the current logo. You cannot tell this for sure from the .pcx files, but if you download the desktop wallpaper, you get a much higher-resolution version of the same image, in which you can clearly see that it is the current logo.

Comment

In that case, I apologise for my erroneous observation.
            We're back!

Comment

No apology necessary, my good man, but I do compliment you on your courtesy.

Comment

Working...
              X