Where are the aliens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the aliens?

One of coworkers went on leave and I'm watching his cats while he's away. I also borrowed his SMACX disk. I've never played it before now.

So where are the aliens? In the game I was playing its almost MY 2400 and there are no aliens! (I guess I shoulda borrowed his manual too.) Also I thought the game would give me a choice between which factions would be in the game or randomly assign some of the original factions with the old ones. If I want to be the Uop and still have one or two of the new factions in the game what do I need to do or is that possible?

Boy, I'm tired. Just my luck. Right when the game got interesting I get called into work. (Army) EVERYONE is at war with me.

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

When you start the game you get the choice of what factions will be in the game. You have to select the Aliens for them to show up. Not to insult you, but one way to be sure if you are playing the right version or not is to see if you can build a spore launcher or if any of the techs or special projects are new to you.

Comment

SMAX is not an upgrade to SMAC, but a separate game.
      SMAC is terran.exe; SMAX is terranx.exe. If you are using the old shortcut, you are playing the old game.

Before you start play, you should get the option of playing: classic SMAC factions, new SMAX factions, or a mix. If you did not get this option, you are playing SMAC.

If you select a random mix, you may or may not get the Aliens. However, you can specifically choose each faction, or leave them random.

Hope this helps.

------------------
      John 6:68
      John 6:68

Comment

Thanks. I got it. Actually, now I'm embarrased I didn't see it before, but I guess I was in a hurry to play.

So far in the game I started playing The Caretakers have eradicated Aki-Zeta 5, Yang is rattling his saber at me (nothing new there), the pirates (whom I've never met declared vendetta on me and the Free Drones are annoying me by building to vlose to my borders. (I don't know what to think of any of the new factions. I don't know their dispositions well enough to anticipate anything)

D4
        "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

If you go for the random faction game, you will not even be able to select your own faction. This is my favourite way of playing, but it is not immediately obvious how to do it for a beginning SMACXer. You have to click on the landscape (top right) to fire it up.

Comment

Working...
          X