No announcement yet.

Add on for SMAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Crossfire is a worthwhile add-on, but I would suggest that you get a good feel for the normal game before you install and play AX.

The differences in tech, base facilities, unit types, and double number of factions all made it worthwhile, but I think I would have been under-impressed with it had I not appreciated the original game.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Bkeela on 06-13-2000 10:48 AM

Firstly, I noticed that some of the graphics were changed for the worse, ie, mining platforms and alien pods, and I hated all the new faction base graphics. Not to mention the dumb looking alien craft, the spider looking thing.
      Bkeela.

I agree about the mining platforms and alien pods, which is why I edited the .pcx so the old pics were used.

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited August 13, 2000).]
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

It's gotten to the point with me that when I play a game with a random faction and get one of the origionals, I restart it.

I LOVE the new factions! Granted, the Drones are too powerful and occasionally the aliens put aside their differences to go kill humans, but they're still awesome. The Pirate domes, the Cyborg power station thingies... even the dingy barrels of the Data Angels are fitting.

I agree that the grapics from SMAC shouldn't have been messed with, so I fixed them back. It's easy enough.
        Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Again, to each their own. I personally liked the updated mining platforms--I had always disliked the old mining graphics, they looked really dinky to me. So I was happy to see those re-done.

Comment

FYI: I received my copy of SMACX yesterday.
            Have to get the patch now and start playing it in the evening.

Hope I'll like the add on *

Jeje2

* Or you'll here from my layer

[This message has been edited by Jeje2 (edited August 16, 2000).]

Comment

I like the add on- try playing with all the smartest factions on transcend and you'll get a pretty good battle. They'll come up with better weaponry, and launch sats.

I just had a raging game with univ, drones, datatex, UN, Gaians, morgan, borgs.

I'd tried playing with all the nasty ones, and while they're nasty they are easily whipped if you get better weapons.
              1e4baec

Comment

Working...
              X