No announcement yet.

One-Page Tech Trees Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case anybody has the slightest idea of what I'm talking about, I won the competition.

Mathematical diagrams rule OK!

------------------
    Machines: outthinkable YES outfightable NO.
    Men: outfightable YES outthinkable NO.
    Allie Cove: outfallable INEVITABLY

Homepage http://www.enixine.dabsol.co.uk (Shared)
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

This is *great*. I've been meaning to sit down and do it for ages ... thanks to Helium Pond (and to Alinestra and Purple for providing the download facility).

- Mis
      Team 'Poly

Comment

OK with me, HP, although you did all the hard work.

I have slightly altered the file on my website, giving the techs that allow SPs a light blue shading. Makes them easier to spot, although it may be a little too garish now. See what you think.

Comment

Oops! I forgot to say that I'm not sure I got all the SPs. I've never had a game go to the top (or in this case, the bottom) of the tree, and I was too lazy to verify.

Also, HP, what change did you make? Was it just shifting arrow/line positions? I made a couple of such changes myself.

Comment

All I did was remove an arrow from the SMAC tree--it was left over from the SMAX tree, and it didn't point anywhere. It was coming out of Polymorhpic Software. What did you change? I'm sure there's room for improvement.
            [This message has been edited by Helium Pond (edited July 15, 2000).]

Comment

I guess I oughtta mail these in to Apolyton, huh? Purple, I'm going to include your colorized version as well, and credit you with the name on your website, ok? Alinestra, I have no idea what you're talking about. But I did make one small change on the SMAC tree, so I'd like to mail you the new version, in case the folks hereabouts never get around to posting them. Can your yahoo address recieve attachments? Well, I'll give it a try, anyway...

Comment

I just shifted a couple of arrow lines and arrowheads. I had probably moved them when I was adding the color to them.

Comment

One thing I noticed: on Cyberethics, there are supposed to be two arrows, one going to Pre-Sentient Algorithms, and one going to Superstring Theory. The one going to Superstring Theory is one of the arrows that runs behind a bunch of boxes, and the first bit of it, the bit that actually comes out of Cyberethics, is missing.

Comment

Pretty crowded geography there. You're right. On the colored version I have, the "tail" of the arrow didn't start directly on the Cyberethics box, but rather a little to its left.

So I connected it and posted the result at the URL listed above.

Sizzling in 107 degree heat here. Wish I were in Australia.

Comment

Ha ha. Yeah, it's bloody cold enough here. It's 10:50pm, and about 7°. Celsius, that is.

- MKL
                      - mkl

Comment

FWIW, I just got a report that this file was downloaded 51 times from my website last week.

Comment

You can both feel proud that it was well worth it, then.

- MKL
                          - mkl

Comment

I can't quit messing with it. I just started a new game and printed out the current version of the tech tree, the one that has a blue background for the SP-enabling techs. I don't like it. Maybe I should've chosen a lighter blue shading.

I think I will remove the blue shading and just put the names of the SPs in a distinguishable blue color. Probably tomorrow.

Comment

New, improved version of the SMAX tech tree, colorized, but in oh so good taste, now available.
                              http://www.rmconner.com/smax/smaxtech_color.htm

Try it, you'll like it.

Comment

If it's any consolation, I'll probably use it if you make it better. So keep it coming.

- MKL
                                - mkl

Comment

Working...
                                X