Sea Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Sensors

I have been trying to place sensor arrays in the ocean. I changed the line in alphax.txt that pertains to sensor arrays so that you can build them when you get DocFlex.
    The sensors appear built, but they DON'T WORK. Specificlly, I have moved a foil near one of my sensors and I a foriegn foil unit next to the sensor appears when my unit gets withing two squares. Is something wrong?

You can get sensors to work in oceans, although you have to make sure it's inside your borders. So you'll have to either sacrifice one square close to a coastal base (only a kelp farm can be built in the same square as a sensor) or build one within the borders created by a seabase.

I've tried to make a 'kelp forest' but have had no luck. Ah well.

------------------
    |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

|"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Since sea-monoliths upgrade naval vessels, it might be wise to lower a land monolith into the sea intentionally for this purpose.

How about Air?

Ned
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Hmmm - never heard of anyone succeeding in getting the land enhancements working in ocean squares.

I tried a year ago to amend the alpha.txt to allow underwater mag tubes, but altho the code accepted it, (had to code for seabed roads too) they wouldn't work (maybe I needed a submersible former - just thought of that).

Only thing I have seen is that monoliths work even after global warming raises the sea levels - they pop out of the water, and yes, do upgrade and repair naval vessels.

Don't know if a coastal sensoor would work in these circumstances, tho.

Googlie

Comment

Working...
        X