X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with loading saves....

Hello all

I'm new here and I'll try not to mess up

My problem is that I cannot open up saved files which I received from Vel... If I use the load game option on the main screen it says 'you cannot load a password-protected save in single-player'. However, when I try to load through multi/PBEM it spits out an error saying it cannot open the map

I really want to see what Vel did to my city which I sent him....

Please Help
    SeanW

Hiya Sean! I opened and saved your game in SMACX....was it originally a SMAC game? If so, that's the problem, and I'll reply the 20-odd turns in SMAC and re-save....

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

That surely indicates either a very committed man, or simply a man who should be committed.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Indeed I only have the original...

Could you please send me a normal game

Thanks

Comment

Vel, I'm the second person having this problem with a game you've created multiplayer, for our TorureRack PBEM game. I run SMACX2.0

------------------
          Yours Truly

Comment

Very strange that....I'm running smax2.0 as well....I have no idea what might be causing that, but I'll experiment with it.....::scratching my head::

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel, emailed the game to you. I'm curious as to if you can open it. You may have to kill me if you can.

------------------
              Yours Truly

Comment

YT:

Thge fault might be mine - I didn't password protect the Believers, so it may not be letting you open your faction - I'll replay turn one this time pw protected, then e-mail it to you and see if that works

G.

Comment

It sounds like you might be trying to load a SMAC file in SMAC-X, or vice-versa. Find out which type of game vel's save is on, and when the screen comes up to choose between the big spaceship on the left and the dueling midgits on the right choose the proper one. If you don't have alien crossfire you will not get this screen, and you probably won't be able to play the turn .

Comment

You could try opening it as a Scenario.

I've had that work before on .sav files players have sent me

G.

Comment

I thnik the problem is mine. With the new save file, it tell me that Windows is out of Virtual memory. I defragged last night, didn't hrlp. Then I tried forcing it to a minimum of 128K, but the *^$& setting won't stay. It keeps resetting to 'let windows managed virtual memory'. PIA. Any idea how to get windows to accept the fact I'm telling it to change to specified VM?

------------------
                      Yours Truly

Comment

Working...
                      X