No announcement yet.

Civ 2 recovery 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I just finished a game on demo. Playing as Lal, it was about 2193 when all of a sudden Yang calls a meeting and we have a planetary council. This was surprising since I hadn't met any other factions yet. but I bought some votes and got myself elected planetary governor. to my surprise, this didn't end the game. been playing too much master of orion, I guess.
    So here's my latest question. what is a diplomatic victory, if not being planetary governor? are there well defined winning goals for the different success paths? I saw from the wonders list that you can transcend if you build the ascent to transcendence wonder, and military is obvious, but how do you win on the others?
    Oops, I guess I should have called them "secret projects".
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Father B,

Diplo victory has a prerequiste technology that is to be discovered prior to allowing a council vote. LOL... it reminds me of one particular mishap that I did wherein I inadvertantly voted someone into Supreme Leader thinking all the while it was a simple Planetary Governor vote. The two council votes appear the same and are weighted towards your overall population and multiplied depending on whether your Lal (gets two times the votes) whether you've aquired Empath Guild SP and another SP that comes in the late game.

Other means of victory include

Cornering the energy market
      Roughly this equates to having enuff energy credits on hand to buy every city on the globe

Conquer victory - 'Nuff said
      Transcend victsory - kind of like winnning via Alpah Centauri launch in Civ2

Finally,

In SMACX progenitors(aliens) have ability to win via build of Homing/teleportation beacons to summon progenitor fleet from the home world
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
      X