Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer

Chris, I haven't tried AC multiplayer because I don't understand how it would work. I have played multiplayer Half Life and Unreal. And, you bet, human players are a lot tougher than AI players (Although Unreal's AI is really special!) However, I like to sit down and play SMAC a few hours at a time. But a game takes several days on the average. So how in the world would one be able to complete a multi-player game?

Just asking. I'll look into it. If you have any suggestions on where to find a game, please fire away.

Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

There's an entire multiplayer thread here, check it out. Also, take a look at ACOL. You can play direct-connect or PBEM.

Comment

A multiplayer game takes twice as long as a single player game if you only have two people. Sometimes it takes less time though because someone gives.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand Adam_Smith's comment. I've never played direct-connect multiplayer, but I presume it takes quite a bit of time to play.

However, PBEM takes a LOT longer - six months or more if all the players are dedicated and keep playing. Some kind of server-based asynchronous multiplayer (see Civ III Essential threads) would be needed to make it really work well.

Comment

Working...
        X