Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an opinion.

Has anyone considered adding these -

TECH, BioEng (tech for clean reactor), FREEABIL, 16 (clean reactor)

to the AI factions to give them some more muscle?
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Mouse,

That should help the AI significantly especially when one considers the AI loves to build units to the point of eliminating all its mineral resources in the unit's respective home cities. How many times have you seen Yang or Domai have so many units supported that they can't produce anything else.

P.S. Plus, I personally like the idea b/c I would love to subvert these for free supported units.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I agree, but adding only this won't change the "challenge" at all in an advanced game, since the AI make only sparse tactical combat against you when in vendetta ( I wish for the future engines that the AI can make full-scale invasions ).

However I always found ridiculous all those mineral expenditures AND pacifism effect in some AI bases - often reaching "no minerals" for further building!!! So adding a free clean reactor for the AI should help it compete with you in the "build" era, meaning the SPs, but not really in the "expansion-conquest" era.

------------------
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

It might help if you add the occasional "clean reactor unit" to the alpha.txt unite presets. That was my solution and it helped out the AI a little bit in terms of building an attack force.
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
        X