No announcement yet.

Needlejets and Choppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you mean making a Probe Needlejet - I did and it didn't work against bases. Should work against another Needlejet, which could come in handy in VERY rare circumstances.

If you mean probing a Needlejet with a grounded Probe Team - that doesn't work. Actually, if I play Zak to hit Doctrine: Air Power fast I'll send a huge horde of needlejets to surround enemy bases I'm fighting or about to capture to interdict against Probe Teams. Works quite well.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by The Commodore on 03-19-2001 10:45 PM
      Just a crazy little thought...has anyone tried a probe on a Noodle or Chopper? ...probably wont work...but has anyone tried?

I tried it, but my design workshop didn't allow me to put the probe ability on a noodle.

Comment

quote:

Just a crazy little thought...has anyone tried a probe on a Noodle or Chopper?

quote:

If you mean probing a Needlejet with a grounded Probe Team - that doesn't work.

I believe if you try to probe an air unit with a regular ground probe, it says something to the effect that you need the "Air Superiority" attribute on your probe. I don't know if that works; if it lets you add that attribute, I would assume it would work. There are some attributes that it won't let you add (like Amphibious) to a probe (although of course you can make a naval probu unit).

I have added Air Superiority to artillary and it does let you shoot at planes with it; the time I tried it, I think that it didn't get any damage despite good relative numbers and morale.

Comment

So basically, there's no way to capture a plane in mid-air, which if you think about it, makes sense.

One thing though, when you attack a unit stack with a noodle, notice it doesn't cause any collateral dammge to the rest of the stack. What a precision surgical strike.

edit: plain - plane
          [This message has been edited by It'sLikeThat (edited March 21, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 03-21-2001 12:35 AM
            So basically, there's no way to capture a plane in mid-air, which if you think about it, makes sense.

edit: plain - plane
            font>

Capturing a plain in mid-air would be even more difficult

It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

*bump* for reference

Comment

Working...
              X