Switching Sides --The Ultimate Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zso and D-dad,

Great idea of second and more iterations.

The challenge is realistiaclly then the object is the total number of switches one can achieve before mandatory retirement.

OTOH since the AI know completley nothing about X-chopper use the mid game might be very fruitful for a number of switches.

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I agree that the number of switches would be the goal. The dream would be to "run the deck" and play all 7 factions before Transcendence. This would be much more possible with SMACX than SMAC, with the extra tech and greater obstacles presented by the native life.

I am impressed by how well the AI does when it takes over a human-run faction. Poor terraforming and lack of infrastrcutre are really their main weaknesses! Give them good terraforming, tech and base facilities and they do quite well!

[This message has been edited by DilithiumDad (edited February 06, 2001).]
      Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
      http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

The AI also derives tremendous benefit from your (or at least my) unit designs. A normal AI will never build a probe foil -- but if you build one before switching (or, maybe, even if you design one but don't build it) the AI will know about it and build it. It seems likely that the AI would be able to use other interesting unit designs as well, though I haven't experimented with this challenge enough to know which units it will "like".

Comment

Working...
        X