Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by tyler666 on 01-20-2001 10:45 AM
    OK who do u always kill well I always ethier make yang surrender in the early game or I complety conquer him in mid game (TIP:NEVER,EVER,EVER LET YANG SURVIVE INTO THE LATE GAME THE HIVE LOVES NUKES AND WILL SURELY USE THEM)As far as miram goes you gotta kick her ass early shes a great submissive but dont give her any techs or bases if she gets strong she will stab you in the back unless your running fundy wich is insane before knowledge dedrie unless green will destroy you with worm army and morgan is a backstabber but his army is never a real threat and lal is a backstabbing control freak unless your dee kick his ass

Vel? Put this in your strat guide. Better yet, tyler, make your own strat guide - "666's Award Winning Book of SMAC Ass Kicking."

Comment

ROTFL, SMACed...

Now, now - let's not take the pi$$....
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Dude I use the words "kick" and "ass" a lot but ant way I forgot to tell you spartans are ussaly pretty loyal and because they got a "kick ass" army early on they can be bicthing allies just dont piss them off early and also zak is very loyal so dont "kick his ass" anyway thats about it.

Tyler Messer
        "For you must kick ass"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tyler666 on 01-21-2001 03:34 PM
          Dude I use the words "kick" and "ass" a lot but ant way I forgot to tell you spartans are ussaly pretty loyal and because they got a "kick ass" army early on they can be bicthing allies just dont piss them off early and also zak is very loyal so dont "kick his ass" anyway thats about it.

Tyler Messer
          "For you must kick ass"

Spartans: Kick Ass army, *****ing allies
          Zak: Loyal, don't kick his ass
          Miriam: Kick her ass.
          Lal: Unless dee kick his ass.
          Yang: Kill him.
          Morgan: Backstabber.
          Dee: Will kill you with worms.

I bet everyone who put the days, weeks, and months into working on the factions at Firaxis is just banging their heads into a desk right now .

Comment

DD,

Be careful about a submissive Morgan (or other AI) if you give/sell him all your tech: he is likely to sell your tech to the AIs unless you make him go to war against them. This happened to me once when he obviously sold Orbital Spaceflight and I have never given a submissive AI my entire tech since - it is just too dangerous.

Santiago is strange. Occasionally she will roll over like a puppy for no apparent reason if you are very powerful and she has no allies (even is she is relatively powerful, like #3 or 4). I've had her surrender a couple of times without ever taking a single Spartan base.

Comment

Morgan good, like bread.
              Miriam bad.
              Santiago very bad.
              Yang bad, like fire.
              Deidre good!
              Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
              http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

I never do "offer all tech" with submissive Morgan. I do demand that they have Vendetta with my enemies to keep them from sharing tech with them and giving commerce income to my enemy. What I do is when I see Morgan sending probe teams against me, I call him up just before the probe arrives and give him the tech he asks for when I offer him a free tech. The probe then automatically turns around and goes home!
                Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

I love playing Brother Lal, and subjugating other factions to my rule until I stand before my arch-enemy Yang. Then it's time to get myself elected Supreme Leader (become what my U.N. faction was always meant to be) and get ready for a heavy showdown with him and his allies, if any.

Before that, it's fun to keep your allies from snapping at each other. If you have subjugated one faction that has since then repaired itself and risen to fight somebody you're at peace with, I like to put my Peacekeepers on the borders of my ally and hinder the treaty faction from attacking, real world style .

Comment

Believe it or not, I find that Lal is one of the worst backstabbers in the game. I always have to destroy him, even if I play as a “neutral” faction and run democracy and such. Of course there are Yang and Miriam and the Spartans who you usually have to take out, but I don’t hate them as much because they never pretend to be my friends in the first place. Lal is a dirty little traitor.

------------------
                    "Are you good men and true?" Much Ado About Nothing, Act III, Scene III
                    "Are you good men and true?" Much Ado About Nothing, Act III, Scene III

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DogberryMan on 01-29-2001 07:30 PM
                      Believe it or not, I find that Lal is one of the worst backstabbers in the game.
                      Lal is a dirty little traitor.

I agree! He talks about peace and democracy, but trust him and turn, and You'll find a knife in Your back!

"Steelborn, Starborn"

Comment

It seems Lal acts as if he has the Ai personality (in scenerio editor) "Gang up on human player" option ticked. He always seems to get the rest of the world to gang up on you, and he favours allying to Yang and Miriam even if you are a democracy. He's a creep and I get great satisfaction from planet busting him.

I quite like the good chairman, if only because I'm fond of playing the Hive. Aki is very dangerous, she is a stable ally but does not pact easily, and she hates to share her tech. Often the only way to get her tech is to take it by force. If you let Aki develop in peace she becomes a true power. Zak is a much better ally, as he likes to trade (and is easier to probe)

The factions I gotta destroy are Sven, because the jerk builds sea bases that stuff up my gas'n'drown (then raise land like crazy) strategies and the prat Cha Dawn who is just too damn agressive. And ofcourse Lal, I wouldn't wish my troops to have to enter PK territory, hence the planet busters.

Comment

Working...
                        X