Hard SMAC(X) Quiz Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard SMAC(X) Quiz Fun!

Ok people! It's time to test your knowledge of SMAC(X)! I've found a few interesting quiz questions from the deepest reaches of SMAC(X). Your challenge: answer them all!

Feel free to add your own, but make sure they're "fair" (i.e. not opinionated or something). In fact, anyone that posts to this thread WITHOUT adding a quiz question will be thrown into the nearest Brood Pit! You are warned.

NOTE: Since everyone will be posting here, you might not want to scroll down past my post to avoid seeing other answers.

1) What faction leader had his/her name changed after the first name was released, and what was the origional name for this leader?

2) What faction origionally had the symbol of the Hive?

3) A description mentions a missile attack on a faction. Who launched the missile, who was the target of the missile, and what book is this from?

4) What faction leader wrote the book "One Future"?

5) What do the Morgans fear? (acording to another faction leader)

6) What must be known to destroy everything?

7) What as Santiago often been asked?

8) What is the name of the one that first taught the humans about Resonance fields, and what is his/her title?

9) What is notable about the surface of a Punishment Sphere, and why is this notable?

10) What is Yang's gift to industry?

11) What does Project Pyro advise?

12) Acording to the descriptons, what University city is attacked, and who is behind that attack?

13) Who watches a scrap of paper burn in the darkness?

14) What disease is Planet worried about catching?

15) What shall remain off limits to genetic inspectors?

Have fun!
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

1. Zakharov (Saratov)
    2. The Peacekeepers.
    3. Seems familiar, but don't remember from where.
    4. Aki
    5. "...what may not be purchased..." Miriam
    6. A fundamental understanding of the basic building-blocks of the Universe
    7. "...why can we not launch the simplest of orbital probes?"
    8. Kri'lan- the betrayer.
    9. It is semitranslucent (oh the pain!) Means you can see and hear the victim.
    10. The genetically engineered worker.
    11. Termination of specimen. Misspelled 'PYRRHO'
    12. Also seems familiar.
    13. Lal
    14. The 'planetdeath' disease.
    15. The Academician's private residences.

16) When will version 3.0 of SMAX be released?

Comment

1. Zacharov was Saratov
      2. Peacekeepers, bizarrely
      5. "What cannot be valued", or something like that.
      7. "If mankind has travelled between the stars, why can we not launch the simplest of orbital probes?"
      8. Kri'lan, the Betrayer
      9. It is translucent, so those watching can see the pain inside
      10. The genetically engineered worker, or genejack
      11. Termination of specimin
      12. Lab 3, Gaians
      13. Lal (when is this ever meant to be heard? Stockpile never finishes)
      14. Planetdeath
      15. The acamedician's private residences

And now:

CH1: According to Roze, what is more important than the data?

The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

12 Lab 3, by midnworms

Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

1. Aki-Zeta-5 but I can't remember the before and after names.
          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

CH1: The Jazz

Comment

CH1: The Jazz?
              Team 'Poly

Comment

Yes, indeed the Jazz.
                The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

14: Humans

17: What tends to the fungal blooms?

Comment

17. Empath scout rovers

18. Which of the faction leaders is (supposedly) Scottish?
                    We're back!
                    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

18. is Deidre Skye.

Though Miriam looks more Scottish to me
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

19. What is the name of the cyborg that impresses the ladies with his "physical attribute" ? Hint: He has been seen near Sparta Command.
                        [This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited January 23, 2001).]
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

19. A handsome young cyborg named ACE
                          Woo-ed women from every base
                          But once ladies glanced at
                          His special enhancement
                          They vanished with n'ary a trace.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarkCloud on 01-23-2001 08:19 PM
                            Though Miriam looks more Scottish to me

How can you LOOK at Miriam?!?!?
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

The answer to 17 is, of course, the razorbeak... whatever THAT is!

I'd also like to point out that NONE of you have been able to answer question 3 yet.

Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Working...
                              X