Industry stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry stat

Does anybody know if there is an easy way to calculate your industry output for your empire? I would like to know total industry, support, and useable industry. I don't want to have to click on each base and calculate that myself
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

well, if it's YOUR empire, you don't actually need to "click" on each of your bases.
    You can click on the first, and then browse them all using the right arrow key...

Seriously, I also like to draw that stat in my games, and I haven't found anything better than adding mineral/production/support figures base by base.

I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I liked that 'demographics' screen in Civ. Too bad they never included something similar in SMAC.

Comment

I can use the arrow key? Cool, I didn't know that!
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Can you? Or do you just mean the little right arrow button on screen?

------------------
          The best way to avoid errors is not to do anything - Dr Beardon (Maths)

("Something is worth doing"=>"It is worth doing properly")<=>("Something is not worth doing properly"=>"It is not worth doing") - A truth first expounded by Murgatroyd
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Yeah, I think he means the little arrows on either side of the base names. Still, it is a tad annoying having to complie everything - and yeah, there should be a demographics screen. I would also like the population to be a little more specific, as it was in civ2....
            We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Yes, that's the thing I find most inconvenient, not being able to see the size of each base in the F4 screen.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Misotu on 11-27-2000 11:37 AM
                Yes, that's the thing I find most inconvenient, not being able to see the size of each base in the F4 screen.

Oh but you can. Just click on the citizens tab, and count.

------------------
                The best way to avoid errors is not to do anything - Dr Beardon (Maths)

("Something is worth doing"=>"It is worth doing properly")<=>("Something is not worth doing properly"=>"It is not worth doing") - A truth first expounded by Murgatroyd
                The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Man, I have to spend some time fiddling around finding some of these tricks.

This is just like the time a friend and I finished Panzer General without realizing you could upgrade your units in between missions, rather than only during them.
                  [This message has been edited by Garth Vader (edited November 27, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chowlett on 11-27-2000 02:21 PM
                    Oh but you can. Just click on the citizens tab, and count.

Chowlett, I'm going to assume that this is a joke

Perhaps I should have written "see at a glance"? Anyway, if you're not familiar with Civ (which was the comparison that sparked the comment) the city screen in that game features the number of pop displayed clearly as a number - within the city icon itself IIRC.
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

quote:

Oh but you can. Just click on the citizens tab, and count

It can be extremely annyoning to have to count them all one by one. It would be OK if you could just take a look and see which line is longer, but when they get to a decent size, the citizen icons start to overlap, which can make life extremely frustrating. Would it have been too much to ask to just put a little eensy-weensy number in there somewhere?

Mark13
                      We're back!
                      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Yeah the Civ F1 screen is the basis for my original complaint. In that screen you could see the cities population, industry, trade, and what they were building.

So why the hell did they get rid of that in SMAC?!?

Comment

The arrow keys he was talking about are the < and > keys, basically what happens when you push shift on the comma (,) and period(.) keys. You do not need to push shift. Once you open up a base screen you can scroll through all your bases really easily, I think they are listed in alphabetical order. This is really handy for factions that are heavy in micromanagement or if you have a crappy mouse and especially handy if you have both =].

Comment

No, he does not mean the arrows next to the base names. The arrow keys on your keyboard can be used to move back and forth between your bases. Also, if memory serves, the spacebar will advance you to the next base. Other undocumented hotkeys I've found are:

'c': will change production, bringing up the production selection screen.
                            'p': same thing.
                            'h': brings up the hurry production window.
                            'r': brings up the rename base window.
                            ''esc': closes the window.

Comment

Working...
                            X