Former Slowness???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Slowness???

I'm a newbie here and am sure I'm missing an obvious setting.

I'm about ready to have the council vote me as Supreme Leader, until then, I've been stockpiling assault vehicles in case I don't get it.

Everything's pretty much in automate mode, I'm just waiting for the years to go by. Each turn is taking 5 minutes though... ARGH! This is just to sit and watch the Formers move around the map.

Is there any way to turn these things off? I have both options checked for speeding up unit movements but don't really notice a difference.

I'm afraid to play an expanded map now!

Thanks,

-Matt

Could be the speed of your cpu, though I never let the computer control my formers or anything else for that matter. This is just a warning: the AI is terrribly inefficent at using formers and anything else it does.

Comment

If your cpu is slow, try loading the low res caviar icons into the game directory. I have an ancient p200, and SMAC now runs perfectly with these installed!

They don't look a lot different, but are just of lower resolution and therefore speed things up a bit.

I will also second the word of warning provided by WE, don't let the AI control your formers, you will have massive eco-damage before you know it.
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Working...
      X