Fun tricks you can play on your opponent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun tricks you can play on your opponent

Here's a forum for fun/nasty tricks you can play on your opponent.
    To start:
    At peace with a sea-based builder, relatively late game.
    Tectonic missile on island in center of his nation.
    Destroy massive amounts of terraforming, strand several (at least) of his cities with little/no mineral production.
    If lucky, he has to disband, and cannot make new units.
    If not, he is still crippled.
    If done with two or three tec missiles on the same turn, you can even cut his empire in half, wipe out huge amounts of teriforming, and leave all his reinforcements on the wrong side of the new mountain range.
    And all on the same turn you declare vendetta.

I hope you're not planning to do this against me
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Bah. Against any decent human player, by the time you would get the tech to build your tectonic missiles, you will be long dead... Fun, but not really applicable in a game.

Aredhran

Comment

Well, the trick was used after destroying three opponents, upon an enemy who, being on the other side of someone, was intact fairly late-middle game.
        And since I like big big games on huge maps, usually the game isn't over in 20 moves.
        I like the trick because it's fun, and it saved me a long drawn out battle. Instead, a quick blow and just mop-ups from there.
        Black Sunrise

Comment

I haven't thought about using the techtonic missles like that. It's interesting though. I've used the fungal ones though. They work good on the Believers and other factions who like to use FM. You can force people to switch to Green and concentrate on terraforming.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Aredhran on 10-05-2000 03:00 PM
            Bah. Against any decent human player, by the time you would get the tech to build your tectonic missiles, you will be long dead... Fun, but not really applicable in a game.

Aredhran

Well, I agree with you. Although there are instances where this might not be applicable. I had an MP game where we agreed to build and then, of course, once one of us got close all hell broke loose

Under those circumstances, a tectonic missile could possibly be quite useful.
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Returning to the original topic however ... here's my best shot in an MP game.

We were all building like crazy ... strange really, but none of us ever declared vendetta on the others ... and my opponents were all close to transcend, as was I. At the exact moment, I cancelled my pacts with the other guys, losing them a tech. We were all running fairly close to the wind - balancing our SE settings to maximise tech and economy per turn - and I worked out that I could get a tech without the pacts but they couldn't.

Got me the game
              Team 'Poly

Comment

When AI Sven rings the jungle with sea bases, and you put one little city on the continent. Suddenly all the continent is yours (teritory borders), his cities have to use the much less productive sea squares, and they starve.
                Also, if you can push a big city into starvation, drone riots every turn, zero production. Even rush build doesn't solve it. So a probe team destroying a tree farm and a second getting the hybrid forest suddenly immobilizes a big city for around 10 turns or so. Snicker.

Comment

Working...
                X