Custom Factions Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Factions Questions

I've completed a custom faction SMAX months ago and I sent it to both sidgames and apolyton, but I haven't seen either one add it to thier databases. What site are best for submitting in custom factions for everyone to download.

And, if you do play with custom factions, which one do you like the most?

------------------
    Two Women Escaping in a Phonebooth: Reiko Aya & Akane Karasuma

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLeS[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLe:pS[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+

Which sites? I don't think any of them are being so great at uploading files. (I've got some waiting to be loaded in also.)

If you so wish why don't you start your own custom SMAC site? It'll fill a well-needed role.
    When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
    When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

Though my faction is featured on my Angelfire site, I don't have the room to start a Faction database site.

However, I've got a bunch of space on my Tripod site doing nothing. I think I'll build the database there.

I'll have to think of a site design... I suck at computer graphic art unless I'm lucky to stumble onto something that looks good...

Ler's see... I'll have the files, with desciptions and maybe a review... of course. Dub the site as a faction database for SMAC, SMAX, AC-II (if and when it happens), and CivIII (if possible).

Faction reviews will be similar to Civ2's Scenario League's. The site design will be designed to look like the datalinks screen. (And that won't require much in the form of cg art.)

Oh, and I'll be taking all of the factions Apolyton and Sidgames has in their databases. Since they're not going to continue to update thier databases, I'll just take 'em. (Datajack Roze would be proud... maybe.)

It will be located here when I get it up and running.

------------------

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLe S[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+
      [This message has been edited by TWEP (edited September 27, 2000).]

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLe:pS[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+

Comment

You might want to check this site out: http://www.crosswinds.net/~smaccf/

They have a WHOLE BUNCH of custom factions, plus a lot of great info about creating factions. The site does get updated, although I have no idea about the frequency.

They have also come up with a ratings system, it's not an exact science, but it does give you an idea of how powerful a faction is.

Hope this helps!
        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Working...
        X