TerranX Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerranX Crash

Regarding the TerranX crash when dealing with Interceptors/Air Attacks.....

Has anyone found a way to get around this bug? All my DirectX stuff is up-to-date, not using wheelmouse (whatever that is), meeting all the minimum specs for hardware....

Its pissing me off that I can't finish a damn game!!!!

I have had this problem for awhile as well, however I find that once I reload the game and continue the air-intercept works! This only makes this bug slightly annoying. I don't know if this works for everyone as I am running this game using the Windows 2000 Advanced Server operating system. So that may fix this problem for you.

By the way for anyone interested the game runs sweet on this OS. No crashes no problems (apart from the above annoyance)

Comment

I'm running into this bug, too, and it's driving me nuts. I've tried re-loading the program and replaying the turn, to no avail. I get the TerranX error message at the same point during the turn.

Needless to say, after playing for several hours, a bug like this is enough to make me want to toss the whole thing in the trash. Any ideas about how to continue my game or get around the bug?

Comment

Guys, The crash bug seems to be caused by the the use of a wheelmouse. If you have a Microsoft Intelligent mouse, disable "mswheel.exe" by Crtl-Alt-Delete. Then kill the program from the list of active programs. Do this before you start SMACX. With other kinds of mice, disabling the wheel from its setup program seems to work. Check the tread from SEM in HELP.

Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Yeah, it seems that disabling the mouse startup program works. I use the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. Simply disabling the wheel for program "terranx.exe" (the executable for Alien Crossfire) through the mouse control panel option did NOT work. Disabling the POINT32 startup program (by pressing ctrl-alt-del or otherwise) DID work, though. Kind of a hassle, and it leaves you without some mouse functionality in other programs, but at least it's a temporary fix until the next patch comes out.

Comment

I have tried all the suggestions for stopping this dreaded TerranX crash, but none of them were successful. This bug also existed in the original game but still Firaxis does nothing about it. How can anyone be expected to play for so many hours on this beautiful game and then, at any moment, for the game to repeatedly crash at some point?

Comment

I have noticed that this bug also appears when I try to move units on the top and bottom edges of the map. I was only able to proceed with the turn by putting that unit on automove, then resuming control of it when it had moved away from the edge squares. This bug seemed to be unaffected by the "mouse fix" that cures the interceptor crash.

Comment

I don't use a wheel mouse and I have the same crash problem. It even happens after I reload. HOWEVER: the problem is always fixed by shutting down my Logitech mouse program with Ctrl-Alt-Delete before running ACX. At first, I wasn't sure which program was my mouse program, so I simply shut down everything except "Explorer". I guarantee that this fixes the air-intercept problem.

Comment

Working...
                X