Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Comparison for CMN-only versus Alphax.txt modified changes. - PLEASE DO NOT POST!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Comparison for CMN-only versus Alphax.txt modified changes. - PLEASE DO NOT POST!

Ok, for the Nth time, a comparison of CMN changes only and Alphax.txt modifications.

I hope this post will make things clear for those who don't see through the forest the trees nomore. I only stated the things I saw discussed in several threads and my in-the-middle proposal. I might have missed something.

CMN only changes: What is possible and what not?

Possible:
    • Secret Projects can be deleted so nobody (not even the AI) can construct them.
    • New 'limited range' choppers can be brought into the ACDG by modifying the #UNITS sections of the Alphax.txt without interfering with a 'normal' game play or the need to paste a special Alphax.txt file for the turnplayers/advisors of the teams.

NOT Possible:
    • Secret Projects cannot be moved to another spot in the tech tree.
    • reducing the range of choppers.
    • Making choppers available under another tech.
    • Shortening the minimum time-interval between council sessions.

Modified Alphax.txt: What is possible and what not?

Possible:
    • Secret Projects can be disabled AND moved to other techs in the tech tree.
    • Chopper movement range can be reduced or increased.
    • New units can be brought into the ACDG by modifying the #UNITS sections of the Alphax.txt.
    • Units can be made available under another tech.
    • Shortening the minimum time-interval between council sessions.

NOT Possible:
    • Nothing!

My proposal for reducing the chopper range is letting the CMN creating a number of chopper units in the #UNITS list with the 'slow' ability enabled. This reduces their range a bit, which can be further reduced by giving them the 'tactical' ability. (courtesy of Jamski)
    Also, to avoid a unnecessary high number of extra units in that list that only 2 weapon types (Missile and Chaos Gun) and 2-3 abilities (Nerve Gas, Empath, no ability) are implemented. In case 'slow' and 'tactical' ability on top of each other is too much, an extra chopper unit without the 'tactical' ability can be created. This eliminates the need for Alphax.txt modifications while giving the teams the opportunity to play with less powerfull choppers. Also, after discovery of Fusion Power the teams would be allowed again to produce normal choppers since by then the AAA ability should be discovered by any team.

For Secret Projects is the removal of the Empath Guild and the Cloudbase Academy also possible then.

I would like to ask one of the mods to top this post for easy referral for the undecided participants of the new ACDG, and lock it so no unnecessary cluttering of the thread occurs.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Working...
X