Overwolf – we want your feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    In the past, we have had NO PROBLEM with other game or relevent sites posting a SINGLE thread in support of their forums or service. As long as they aren't asking for money or are a commercial site, it's all part of the gaming community. However, if it is a spyware type of thing that they are making money on, then yeah, why is this thread here

But with what was posted, it seems harmless... so far

But I would have to agree with some of the comments already made. I see no need for the features they claim to provide. I message within game, I don't really care about social netorking when playing a game, and nothing else they claim it does seem worth it to me.
    After reading the first post, I had absolutely NO INTEREST in following up with them
    I'll let it pass then
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Mr Justice, the whole purpose of Overwolf is to save you time - not waste it . What features would you find useful?

SpencerH, thank you oh great emperor!

Comment

Yes, my game time is limited so I don't socialize much while playing and what little I do is through the facility already offered in the game and just done for the sake of being polite. I haven't used any of the similar features offered using steam so I doubt this product would add anything to the experience.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

im the same as Rah, the point we make is that there is in my opinion, no feature that i would find useful.

i am not impressed by shiney new software, if really need to browse internet while playing i'll Alt tab, since civ is driven by user input i'll not miss anything while alt tabbed out (only mulltiplayer civ i play is PBEM, currently still on civ 4 bts). that is not the case with a FPS or an online shooter (like counter strike) where the round might restart.

this is not helpful to you i know, but it comes back to my point about marketing then.

Comment

rah, I would love to know what features you will find useful. In what way we can improve Overwolf so you would find it useful?

Mr Justice, everything you guys say is useful. We take the feedback we get very seriously. That's why I'm trying to find out what you guys WOULD find useful.

Just wanted to let you guys know that version 0.4.60 of Overwolf has been released featuring HD Video Capturing! You can download it from www.overwolf.com or use the auto-update feature if you already have Overwolf installed on your system.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverBld View Post
              rah, I would love to know what features you will find useful. In what way we can improve Overwolf so you would find it useful?
              You seem to be missing what many of us are saying. With a game like civ, we don't find ANY additrional "features" useful. The game supplies us what we need for the game, and we have no interest in doing anything else while playing it. All of the features you have mentioned aren't of interest, and I can't think of anything else that would be useful.

And for those of us with older machines, Civ V is a resourse hog. It's better for me to have as little as possible running on my computer while playing it.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                You seem to be missing what many of us are saying.
                Ming, you seem to be missing what SilverBld is saying.

Mr Justice, obviously FPS players are the majority of our users. BUT, I don't think anyone would argue that CIV5 is one of the biggest PC games out there - maybe the biggest one to come out this year... It would be stupid not to, at least, make you guys aware of Overwolf. I would love to hear what features you would want to see in future releases of Overwolf.
                Let me paraphrase SilverBld:
                The Civ5 community is a huge target market. I want your information but can't figure out why you would give it to me. So you have to tell me which features would convince us to use our software. *Insert Israeli fake smile.*
                So far SilverBld have been very unsucesssful in getting an answer to this question. It it apparent that this is because the Civ5 public is simply not interested in other applications while gaming.

SilverBld, you are being disrespectful. I have asked you three times what the reason is that you are offering this software. You're ignoring my question. You are treating me like you always treat goyim.

I don't mind that your software somehow has some cost. I just want it to balance out properly with what it offers. So if you are invading my privacy that would be fine, if that would imply that there's some substantial benefit involved.

So far you have only been asking which benefits would allow you to take our privacy. And you have been ignoring our requests for information as to what it is specifically that you do take from us.

We don't save your Facebook details on our server or access them. We only use them to log you into Facebook so you can post your videos and screenshots.
                No in-game ads are planned
                All you say is what you (allegedly) don't do.

Now, let's assume that I trust you (I don't) and that you are not going to change your stated plans (you will). Even then, it will have to be yourself who is going to explain to us why we should use your product. We're not going to explain it for you.

To build trust, you can start by making explicit how your company *does* make profit based on your services. Based on that we will decide if and how the features on offer would balance out with that invasion of privacy.

Zoetstofzoetje, great to hear you've visited Israel. How did you like it? Send me an email next time you are around - we will invite you to our offices
                Thank you for the invitation SilverBld. I've been to your country a few times to visit my friends who work in Ramat Gan, and if I ever fly to Israel again I will be sure to mail you. You should know however that those odds are infinitesimally small. Last time the fine people at the airport decided that I was a potential terrorist. This led to hours on end of interrogation, and being 'prodded' for bombs. It's similar to how these non-jews were treated: http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/lieberman-forms-taskforce-to-save-vips-from-airport-harassment-1.328126?localLinksEnabled=false .

A year later I'm still busy with lawyers to get some money back that was verbally promised. (the 13 Euro's for checking in an item late, because they forced me to check in my toothpaste; it might have been a bomb!) It wasn't much, but it shows how empty that promise was. Well, at least the event will feature in one of my books, and thousands of people will read it. But you can forget I will ever go back. My Israeli friends will have to visit me in Europe.

Comment

Ming, for what I understand - the current features offered by Overwolf doesn't interest CIV5 players. That's fine . That's one of the main reasons I write in this forum. I want to know what you guys would find useful. I did get some useful feedback from CIV5 players for requested features (such as internal media player) and some players find the Video Capture widget very interesting. Plus, I'm sure some players play other games other than CIV5 .

Zoetstofzoetje, like I mentioned before. I did get feedback from other CIV5 players and communities and I'm just interested in your input. The reasoning behind offering Overwolf for free is when you have a big community you can work with publishers - much like Xfire and Rapture.

Comment

Why am I getting spam PMs about this? I've seen your thread about this both here and on WPC, I don't need no generic spam in my private messages boxes too.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've temporarily disabled this user whilst we discuss this - I'm inquiring whether it is possible to fish these spams out of users' mailboxes before they open them.

Comment

Working...
                      X