Customer Service Snit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service Snit

Folks, you'll have to pardon me while I vent and share the following note that I sent to WizardWorks, the group who provides technical customer "support" for MacSoft. I may be rather over zealous, but hey that's what flaming emails are for! (the original letter included links to ACS and the Forum) This is related to my earlier thoughts on customer service and the Mac OS on the Welcome thread. Please pardon the email format junk; I'm afraid it won't paste well. For your consideration:

Forgive me for being blunt, but your (WizardWorks/MacSoft) handling of the Civ2 Mac patch is PATHETIC! This is a MAJOR patch and NO WHERE on the MacSoft site is the patch specifically mentioned or is the patch easily found! Why hide a patch under a general link called "Available Downloads" on a descriptive page which contains "Hints" and "System Requirements"? Why is the link not positioned on the page with the following sentence "Known Issues: Please note: We plan a patch to solve these problems. You can solve these in the meantime using the following procedures"? No where is the customer told that a Patch CURRENTLY exists! Why is the Patch not mentioned on the main Civ2 Gold Page or on the "MacSoft News" page?

This is simply an example of poor customer service. All of the above comments are merely a matter of thinking how can I serve the customer and best do my job. Please forward this to whomever maintains the Civ2 Gold pages for MacSoft. They need to do a better job.

As for "Test of Time", I assumed that you would be familiar with the full Civilization product line. "Civilization II: Test of Time" for PC's is the latest installment in the MicroProse Civilization series and is the last revision until Civ3 is released. Currently it is not available for Macintosh. For more information please see the Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) at Apolyton Civilization Site: CIV II or the MicroProse site.

This reply and note will be posted on the ACS Civ2 Mac Forum site. Apolyton Civilization Site Forums - powered by …

In a message dated 8/31/99 5:26:57 PM, support@wizworks.com writes:

<< I personally am not aware of a program titled Test Of Time and at this time

have not heard any news as to it being ported to the Macintosh by us.

The Most current Information for the game and a direct link for the update

or any future updates is in the Tech Support section of our web site under

the link for the game.

Check here for the latest problems, solutions and updates.
    http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/tech_01.html

Nathan,

Technical Support for CompuWorks, MacSoft and WizardWorks.

Visit our web site at
    http://www.wizworks.com

for more information on our products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please Include All previous Emails When Responding.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, August 29, 1999 6:28 PM

To: Tech10 (HE)

Subject: Civilization II Gold Edition- Mac - Tech Support

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by

(JacSamDad@aol.com) on Sunday, August 29, 1999 at 20:27:47

Problem: I have noticed that your pages which refere to Civ 2 Gold MP for

Mac (MPG) are in need of updating! While I have found the link to the Civ2

MPG Update 1.1b.1 through the Apolyton Civ Site (ACS), nowhere can I find an

obvious, direct link to the update page on your site! I would assume that

most Mac customers would check your site first for the patch (which, by the

way works great! see my (MacUser) comments on the ACS Mac Forum page at
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum32/H...l?date=04:41).

Also, is there a news letter which would keep me updated on Civilization

news for the Mac? I am helping to update and maintain an ACS Civ2-Mac

webpage and would appreciate any news (or strong rumours ;-) as soon as it

is available. Speaking of which, are there any plans to port Test of Time to

the Mac OS?

Thank you for your attention.

Steve Wilson

JacSamDad@aol.com

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!
Working...
X