Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Barbarossa Scenario (WW2)

Hello everybody

I am a long time “browser” of the boards but have finally decided to start posting as I am making a new scenario that runs along the lines of the old Civ 2 Red Front scenario.

The whole scenario is based around Operation Barbarossa during World War 2. It involves the invasion of the Soviet Union by the German forces.

In making the scenario I have run into several dead-ends along the way and hopefully some can be over come until Firaxis can improve the editor. If anybody can provide feedback or help out with some areas I would appreciate it.

Things I need to overcome:

1. Is there a way to set default governments for a scenario without forcing players to be a civilization. If I set player 1 or 2 to Nazi/Facism or Soviet\Communism then the game will only allow you to play one civ only.

2. Is there a way to make the maps flat. I know that the CMT tool used to do this but since 1.29f patch all my scenarios crash when you scroll to the edge of the map.

3. If the map was to be made flat, based on point 2, will this cause problems with units still treating the world as round.

4. Can you have split research paths any more. I know that Civ2 allowed it if you did it correctly.

5. Is there a way of stopping a city from being destroyed once reduced to population of 1.

6. Can you “tweak” the date system like was possible in Civ2 to represent months (I assume not)

Finally, I would like to hear from anyone who has a good map of Eastern Europe or can assist in creating “non animated” flic units for me. I have unit graphics from other games but when I try create new pcx files to use with flicster I lose the palette in the cut and pastE process. I dont have any jazzy graphics software so I am forced to use MS Paint. If anybody is interested in “quickly” pasting these units into a single pcx file for me without losing the palette then please reply to my post.

Also I am trying to complete this project in my spare time which is limited so it wont be finished for quite a while.
Working...
X