New Wonder Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wonder Help

Just wondering if somebody wants to give me a little brain crunching on how I would create a wonder that would have a one time terrain improvement.

My proposal for a Small Wonder would be The Great Canal (Panama, Suez). This would have to be on a tile that has two oceans on either side and would, ideally, have to built in a city nearby. This would be an industrial or early modern build with an attached graphics file that would be placed only once, by a Worker. It may take 12 turns for the worker to place this item and it would graphically represented by, well a Canal. The benefits to the Civ would be +3 to +5 commerce per turn, increase your standing (would this be culture??) with other Civ's as being a freindly(ier) neighbour and would allow other Civ's passage through to the other ocean, with of course Right of Passage. Potentially every Civ could build a Canal but only once, as it is a Small Wonder. It woud take one turn to let ships cross through, in either direction and just to keep bottlenecks from forming, any number of ships at anytime. It would also ensure that ships don't "sit" in the Canal and automatically eject them after the one turn.

I understand from many great postings that there may be an AI tweak that may have to be done, (so as to make it intergral part of play for other Civ's to want to move through) and I don't know enough about editing files and text to make this work or even if us endusers are allowed to tweak it.

Creating graphics for this would be no prob for me, but to actually implement it would be a different task I'm not sure I am up to taking it on. If anyone would like to help me crack this nut let me know or if it's even possible. And like my pappy said, "don't attempt things if you can't do' im right."

Any suggestions also would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X