Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeGuin Earthsea scenario

Hello everybody

Since I am a great Ursula K. LeGuin fan, I would love to make a scenario based upon her famous Earthsea series. Anybody else interested or wanting to support me with his or her brilliant ideas?

My ideas so far:

1) A scpecial technology owned by Kargad (very expensive, it is important that computer did not trade it off) that allows construction of very cheap Great Wonder of the Rune of Unity that produces a HUGE amount of culture. That tech could be stolen by wizards (spies) or acquired from Kargad with military means (that means, with bringing Kargad to its knees).

2) Dragons. Dragons should be as distant from other culture groups as possible. Kargad should be distant as well, but something should be done with dragons to make them very hard to negotiate with. Dragons are rare, but powerful air units (it would have been great to make them with civ2 helicopters, but I have actually no idea, how to make them now).

3) Roke. Only place able to produce wizards, high culture (has a continent-wide wonder for these abilities) but no expansion. The most likely place to win with the Rune of Unity.

4) Some powerful units to make Kargad the strongest civ militarily, but not strong enough to start a world conquest program easily.

5) Most probably a Neutral Alliance should be included with some strange governmet type that does not allow it to take the world over (extreme corruption and low culture -- something like Despotism, but with more food and gold).

6) The novels include plenty tips on resources and luxuries.

7) What about "quest characters" -- civs with only one unit. Ged for instance, allied with Roke, trying to get the Rune out of Kargad, and Cob, defended by some Old Power in Paln (it is not quite according the book, but I can't see how can it be worked out otherwize) and trying to achieve its evil means buy searching a tech that would make mages and dragons obsolete and give him HIS super-culture wonder (Door to Darkness?).
Working...
X