Colony Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colony Question..

While trying to test a new unit that might make the Oil which appears on coast tiles in one of the user mods accessable, I attempted to enable the unit (Ocean Worker) to build a colony using the rules editor. Unfortunately during testing I found that even though the ability was checked the unit was unable to build the colony

Can anyone else confirm that it appears as though the build colony command is hardcoded so that it can only be performed on the land?

Extraneous Info in case your curious as to why I would try such a thing.

My thought was that perhaps if we were able to build a colony in the ocean (a drilling platform if you will) and if this colony was right on the coast the game could be faked into thinking the "colony" was connected to a road network along the land on the coast, thus making this offshore oil usable if it was outside of your city limits...

Unfortunately as I thought about this idea further after it failed I realized that it wouldn't have mattered, since by the time Oil becomes available almost all the shore lines in the world would be covered by culture borders, which would eliminate the colonies and continue to render the resource unusable....
Working...
X