Problem with Military Advisor on Diplomacy Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Military Advisor on Diplomacy Screen

I've been lurking for a bit and haven't seen this problem described so it makes me think I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Usually really early in the game most civs won't want to have peace agreements. What is happening to me in these early games is the military advisor is popping up every time I try to click "Never mind..." (which should send you back to the opening Diplomacy Screen). The military advisor says the civ is scum and we should declare war. I am given two choices by him, basically either yes or no. If I click yes, war is automatically declared. If I click no, he disappears.

Here's the problem I have experienced (again usually only in early games): After telling him no, I try to click on "Never mind..." to exit and get on with the game and he pops up again asking the same question. When I get into this loop my only choice to get on with the game is by saying Yes an having war declared automatically. No matter how many times I tell him no, he continues to pop up and ask the same question. The only way I have found to get out of the loop is to agree with him and declare war.

What is even more strange is I am sure there have been times I told him no and been able to get on with the game (these may have been incidents later in the game, I can't be sure). But I have gotten into this loop several times through several games.

Anyone?
Working...
X