Odd Reason for Long Turn Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Reason for Long Turn Time

I spent a long time crafting the Rise and Rule Mod scenario onto a map of Europe (with appropriate civs and whatnot, it was Norm's Giga Map of Europe that I used as the map template), redistributing (and manually distributing quite a few more) resources on the map. Then, when I finally loaded up (21 civs), it was incredibly slow. I tried eliminating all the islands (save England, Ireland, Iceland, Gotland, Cyprus, Rhodes, Crete, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, and Mallorca, but still QUITE a few little islands that I removed) and cutting the number of civs down to 16, but it seemed to make no difference whatsoever. Then, I tried the same exact scenario, but I removed the custom map (so when I played it was a random map). It went from the excrutiating 30-50 second wait times between turns to a cool 1 second wait times (both in the first few turns of the game a.k.a. 4,000 BC). Does anyone have an idea for why this might be? Maybe because I added a lot of resources on the map itself? I really want to play my Europe map, but I can't possibly play if the wait times are like they are now even in the very beginning of the game. I'd hate to think what it would be like in AD years... any suggestions/solutions to fix my map of Europe?
Working...
X