Appeal for brainstorming help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal for brainstorming help

I'm creating a mod that merges two civs into one, with three traits and two UU's, across the board. For instance, the pair that inspired it, Scandinavia and Germany. They have similar cultures, a lot of historical overlap and an intriguing gameplay combination, following Berserks up with Panzers and combining the Militaristic, Scientific and Seafaring traits. That one was easy, but the rest are taking a little more thought. I've got a tentative lineup set, but would like to get others' input on pairings they'd like to see. A few constraints I've found that may or may not be obvious to everybody kind enough to help and guidelines to try to give you the spirit of the mod:

1. There are 31 civs, meaning one needs to stand alone, be given a third trait and a second UU.
    2. Unless it's a first-tier unit, such as warrior, chariot or spearman, the UU's can't replace the same unit, for upgrade purposes.
    3. I'm willing to sacrifice historical accuracy for gameplay (for instance, pairing two historical rivals), but still want to keep similar cultures together as much as possible.
    4. I want the traits to be as balanced as possible, so while the general guideline I'm using is combining the 3-4 traits of the two component civs and, if none overlap, throwing one out, I'm also open to completely rejiggering one or two composite civs if needed.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, and if there's any interest, I'll be sure to post it when it's finished.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui
Working...
X