Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquests constantly crashing

Hi

I've been having some problems with my version of Civilization III - Conquests.

I've just formated my PC and installed Windows XP PRO including all updates, directx 9c and video- and audiodrivers. Furthermore I've updated my BIOS to the newest version using Asusupdate (every version available by now) and deactivating certain hardware in the control panel..

The problem mostly occurs when I'm loading a random savegame. I get an error message: "DatoIO operation system error:xxxx", where xxx is either CITY, GAME, TILE or UNIT. When I experienced the latter it was followed by an additional error message saying something about IDLS, otherwise I'm just informed that the save game could not be loaded. At other times the game just crashes to desktop "at random". At one time it corrupted one of the game files and I had to reinstall.

I've also experienced Windows trying to start a visual basic debugger (I think).

I've tried reinstalling the game but it didn't help.

Really really hope someone can help. I'm getting pretty desperate and I'm just about to reformat the PC for the second time in two weeks...

Skodkim
    Attached Files
Working...
X