Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in creating multiplayer game?

Hello all,

I purchased Civ3 Complete a few weeks ago and have been enjoying the single-player portion of the game. At one point I wanted to try the mutliplayer game and went into create a PBEM multiplayer game. After going through the set up I found that the game wasn't what I wanted so I went to ditch that game. The problem is that now whenever I go into the multiplayer creation screen, I can't control any of the fields on the screen. The pull-down menus can't be pulled down, the checkboxes can't be checked or unchecked. This is independent of having people actually connect to my games, I'd actually just assume be able to try an actual PBEM game.

I've uploaded a screen shot of the screen in the multiplayer creation where the controls are not availble. The image can be found at (I think):

What's worse is that once at this screen, not even the X in the lower right corner functions, so the only way out is to End Task the program. Furthermore, ending the task on the "application" doesn't cause the Civ3Conqest.e process to end, and so the screen stays in the lower resolution until I End Task on the actual process.

I contacted Atari(?) through the Civ3.com website, and they said to uninstall and re-install. I did this and nothing has changed. I have heard that Apolyton is possibly more likely to know a solution, so I'm posting here now.

Other details: OS: Windows 2000, SP 4; DirectX 9.0b; Duron 1.1GHz; 352MB RAM; SiS 740 video; C-Media sound

thanks for the help
    mac
Working...
X