Help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help???

i remeber back in Civ CTP there was a way to program your own functions...SLIC was the programming language, i believe. Is there any such metjhod of making functions for Civ 3?

My mod ideas that need sucvh functionality are as follows...some of these i mentioned in a previous thread.

Make a building, either improvement or small wonder, that refines raw resources, such as Oil and aluminum.
    After all. Oil is almost unusable in it's natural state and takes a large indutrial complex to refine properly. Aluminum needs electical power by the megawatt to refine. U-235 is only a fraction of a percent of Uranium ore. Smae goes for stuff like grapes, which need a special building to convert to wine. Same with Iron and steel.

So...to do that, i need either a caesar 3 style raw/finished resoruce division with a workshop of sorts. Or, failing that, a way to make resources havea building prerequisite. then I can make new resources such as steel, gasoline, vulcanized rubber, etc.

I also plan to extend my mod into the near future. i don't know all the changes yet, but the key points i weant to add in my conception of the future is organic fuels (ethanol, vegetable oil) and fusion power. Conceivably, with hydroponics and sufficient genetic engineering or manufacturing capability, reasonable substitues for petroleum are possible. Fusion power could eleiminte other resoruce requirements, by making enough electricty available to generate hydrogen from water, etc.

Anyway, i need a way for a building to consume food each turn just like a citizen.

I wish there was another level of city development, too...say from town to city to metro to megapolis or something that needed electricity (i.e. powerplant)

perhaps a way to trade electrical power between civilizations.

really, electricity is not given enough thought in this game. perhaps each citizen could also consume a certain amount of electricity when it becomes available. then, you could run powerlines bertween cities...after all, nbuke plants make huge amounts of pwer, so you could feed a growing town from a big city. The hoover dam would then be 1 huge powerplant that can feed like 10 cities.

Now here's some ideas that are really crazy (and difficult to make).

things like electricity, sanitation, education, etc, are only valuable in terms or citizen happiness, production capacity, research output. Part of your score, and your culture should be the standard of living in you cities....do you have sewers, and schools, varieties of food, good defense, electricity, luxuries, overcrowding, etc. should all impact citizen moods.

To allow for accurate citizen discontent, there should be an immigration engine in the game.

You could assign a desirability factor, based on the things i described above, to each city on the planet.

to save CPU cycles, there would be a radius of immigration of say 6 sqares. the difference in desireablity of two cities divided by the distance between them give you a "slope". citizens would drift to the better city according to a pre-determined rate (say a citizen can "move" 1 square per turn, then it woudl take so long to move a citizen ebwteen the two citues).

Now, the porgramming would ahve to prevent "sloshing" (one good sity gets like 30 citizens one turn, then they all leave when conditions go bad, then come back). Maybe the cities could take turns, so on one turn a certain group of cities gets to have their citizens emigrate if they like, and the next group the next turn. alll cities could receive, but only some could send at any given time. this would simulate the time delay involved in immigration.

Unfortunately, this requires a total rehash of the game engine, like a civ 4 or even civ 5 or something.

i'll post other such nutsy ideas as they come. any help in either making these ideas work or showing conclusively why they can't would be appreciated.
Working...
X