MAP: Even Starts for 4 PTW players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Even Starts for 4 PTW players

In multiplayer PTW games the computer often generates very unfair starting locations. One person gets 30 tiles of jungle and desert - pinned in by two other players that have most of the continent behind them. If I joined in a chess tournament I would feel cheated to have a corner of my board missing on the kings side... (I know the better player can still win... yes it is wonderful to start like that and eventually dominate all!)

Still I have a suggestion:

Tiny Map (60H x 50W) with both X and Y direction wrap.

Four start locations with roughly equal land and resources. Many choke points and an increased sea usage ability.

Designed for typical shorter multiplayer games - quick development and a lot of interaction. Less luck, more player skill. Great 2vs2!

I had input from Sir Party Man, Friedrich, and several others - thank you.

We need more maps that are similar - designed more specifically for the number of players involved, and the type and length of the game. Infograms needs a few more input parameters available for their random map generation such as minimum distances between start location and minimum tiles of productive land within distance of start location...

Any input is welcome, we need more of these!

Dave (Thumpper)
    Attached Files
Working...
X