[SG-AAW] War Training with Da Grumpee One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SG-AAW] War Training with Da Grumpee One

Mr. Troll, I have a challenge, should you chose accept it.

This will be a Succession Game with an Almost-Always-War ruleset. More specifically:

We shall keep track of the order we meet civilizations in. The first civ we meet will be marked 'on deck', which means we cannot trade with that particular civ. When we meet a second civ, the 'on deck' no trade status will be bumped to it, and the first civ will be marked 'up', which means we have to declare war immediately and cannot stop until the civ is gone. When that happens, the second civ we met will be up, and the third - on deck - so we will immediately declare war on the second civ, and will not be able to have beneficial diplomatic communications with the third. And so forth.

Well? Are you ready for some serious warmongering? (For the purposes of promptness, I think it would be good if we kept this SG to the two of us, however if someone else really wants to join in, then I guess three people will be ok too.)

Vovan
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Make it so
    My family is here for our weekly supper but would love this training time

I even got my War face on!
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You still don't scare me! Work on it!

Well, actually, I am sort of short on time today: need to finish some homework, study for a test tomorrow, and, of course, play that one game. I'll start this one tomorrow, just wanted to see if you were interested.

Vovan
      Spore page

Comment

I have started the game. Below is the set-up screen. Note that I have started on a Pangaea, so that we can get to meet everybody, and there is no possibility of our getting stuck on an island all by ourselves.

Also note I have started on Noble. I've found always-war games to be pretty tough. Hopefully, this isn't too high. Also, note I chose a random leader, because I like randomness. (In fact the last AW game I played on my own, I drew Louis. That was fun.) And who did we get this time?

Saladin. Not too bad. At least we can switch civics all the time, and these camel archers, they are always such a pain in the ass when he sends them your way... Let's see what we can do with them. (I've never actually played as Saladin.)

And here be our start location:

I was hoping for some happiness resources, myself, as that will be a major problem down the line, but ok, cows are good too.

Well, that's the start. I'll play some turns in a little bit.

Civ Kill List:
        1) ?
        2) ??
        3) ???
        4) ????
        5) ?????
        6) ??????
        7) ???????

Vovan
        Attached Files
        Spore page

Comment

[0] 4000BC - Our start location is looking good to settle. Hence, Mecca is founded in place, which reveals a source of ivory just outside the city site. Oooh, War Elephants will be very much helpful in our conquering ways. Mecca starts building a warrior. This also auto-pops the hut, and gives us 53 gold.

I start research of Hunting, to get a start on the military.

[5] 3800BC - The borders of Mecca expand, but more importantly, we meet out first victim!

For now, Nappy is 'on deck', but I reckon we might meet another civ soon enough.

[6] 3760BC - We get Hunting. Start on Archery.

[8] 3680BC - Buddhism is founded in a distant land.

[10] 3600BC - I catch a glimpse of Red Borders. Must be Tokugawa. Great.

[11] 3560BC - I pop the hut you saw in the screenie, and get experience. Perfect for what is about to come for the French exploring warrior that has been trailing us!

Of course, I meet Toku. You know what that means. Toku is 'on deck', and Nappy's time is up!

[12] 3520BC - We get Archery. Research starts on Mining, towards Bronze Working.

Warrior is built in Mecca. Work starts on an Archer.

[13] 3480BC - The French are running, but our boys are right on their heels.

[15] 3400BC - Our first warrior is victorious! That experience from the hut really helped. It was our first little bit of good luck.

Time to send him Nappy's way.

[16] 3360BC - Hinduism is founded.

[19] 3240BC - Mining is researched. Start for Bronze Working.

[20] 3200BC - The warrior hides in the woods outside of Paris. He should probably fortify there to heal and wait for reinforcements.

Here's the world:

Good luck, Mr. Troll, and don't forget to keep track of the order we meet other civs in.

Civ Kill List:
          1) Napoleon - UP
          2) Tokugawa - On Deck (Can't Trade)
          3) ???
          4) ????
          5) ?????
          6) ??????
          7) ???????
          Spore page

Comment

Good luck, Troll.
            Attached Files
            Spore page

Comment

Oh, we'll play 10 turs apiece from now on. The 20 was just to get us started.
              Spore page

Comment

Re: [SG-AAW] War Training with Da Grumpee One

Originally posted by vovan
                Mr. Troll, I have a challenge, should you chose accept it.

This will be a Succession Game with an Almost-Always-War ruleset. More specifically:

We shall keep track of the order we meet civilizations in. The first civ we meet will be marked 'on deck', which means we cannot trade with that particular civ. When we meet a second civ, the 'on deck' no trade status will be bumped to it, and the first civ will be marked 'up', which means we have to declare war immediately and cannot stop until the civ is gone. When that happens, the second civ we met will be up, and the third - on deck - so we will immediately declare war on the second civ, and will not be able to have beneficial diplomatic communications with the third. And so forth.

Well? Are you ready for some serious warmongering? (For the purposes of promptness, I think it would be good if we kept this SG to the two of us, however if someone else really wants to join in, then I guess three people will be ok too.)

Vovan
                Off to play 10 turns
                so technincally if I meet three more civs we could be at war with 4 at once?

Comment

No, no, the status doesn't move on to the next civ until the first one is done. So, like, we won't start a war with Toku, untill we are done with Nappy. So if you meet more civs, we don't have to attack them, and, further, can even trade with them, and such. Untill their time comes.

Vovan
                  Spore page

Comment

3160 B C-3120 b c-3080 b c

Fortified warrior outside Paris to heal as it is defended by 2 warriors and we are at half strength

Train first archer, name him Broken Arrow and send him toward Paris, start training another

Comment

3040 B C

While defending our warrior kills a French warrior but then dies from a second attack
                      Attached Files

Comment

3000 B C-2960 B C-2920 B C

Broken Arrow Collects 35 gold from a hut enroute to Paris

A huge group of Lions attack but Broken Arrow wins Battle
                        Attached Files

Comment

2880 B C-2840 B C-2800 B C

Mecca's Might , our next archer, graduates and heads to Paris

With Broken Arrow this makes 2 that will be in Paris Radius soon

Comment

2800 (Continued)

World Map
                            Attached Files

Comment

2800 B C (Continued)

Demographics
                              Attached Files

Comment