Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Newbie First Game... Help

Please don't shout at me.... :-)

I've read through a number of threads but still don't understand how to get invited in to my first PBEM game?

Could anyone please tel me exactly what I need to do

any Help appreciated

Just reply to posts that are inviting players.

There haven't been many games starting up lately but I noticed at least two posted here today.
    Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Re: PBEM Newbie First Game... Help

Originally posted by Eldaron
      Please don't shout at me.... :-)

I've read through a number of threads but still don't understand how to get invited in to my first PBEM game?

Could anyone please tel me exactly what I need to do

any Help appreciated
      If you like we could do a one on one Eldaron?

let me know

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Rather than complete a whole game would it be possible just to talk me through the first few turns so I know what I'm doing.... that would be great...

Comment

Originally posted by Eldaron
          Rather than complete a whole game would it be possible just to talk me through the first few turns so I know what I'm doing.... that would be great...
          im a bit confused

Didnt you say you want to play?

Ill gladly play a game against you if you like

Let me know, as one can tell, I am "fairly active"

Comment

Hi There, I'm ok now I think...
            I'm actually playing in one of the games your in....
            Czars, Queens and Random Rulers..
            I think I kind of unerstand it now
            thanks for the offer though

Comment

allways room for more games

Comment

I've never played a MP game before, except the succenssion game we're into Gramps, but I'd like to try one if anyone is interested. I just have to find out how I can make multiple installs of Civ4, one for the 1.52 patch and another one for......another version. Anyone know how I can do that? I've tried just copying the game folder and the my games civ4 folder and give them new(and alike) names, and that worked fine, except I got the crashes in the sucession game that made so much problems. It might be just a coincidence, I don't know?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  I've never played a MP game before, except the succenssion game we're into Gramps, but I'd like to try one if anyone is interested. I just have to find out how I can make multiple installs of Civ4, one for the 1.52 patch and another one for......another version. Anyone know how I can do that? I've tried just copying the game folder and the my games civ4 folder and give them new(and alike) names, and that worked fine, except I got the crashes in the sucession game that made so much problems. It might be just a coincidence, I don't know?
                  I tried doing several versions and to tell you the truth never could get muliple installs working

I wish I could help you Brother

Comment

Well, then I guess I'll have to wait until the next patch is finished.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I did multiple installs for 3

cant get it to work on 4 ??

if you find out Nikolai, spread the news
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I found this when doing some searching:

This is not a very trivial process as the game won't want to recognize two installations. You can, however, do it this way:

1. Uninstall Civ4.
                        2. Install Civ4 from your retail CDs/DVD. Suppose the folder is C:\Civilization 4. This will be your public version.
                        3. Take the Civ4 folder and copy it, entirely, somewhere else. For example, C:\Civ4Dual
                        4. Apply the v1.09 patch. It will install to C:\Civilization 4 just fine.
                        5. Rename your public Civ4 folder (the one from step 2). For example, c:\Civilization 4xxxx
                        6. Run the v152 patch. It will create a new C:\Civilization 4 folder with files in it.
                        7. Take all the files in this newly created folder and copy them over to your dual (from step 3) folder, replacing any files.
                        8. Delete the C:\Civilization 4 folder and rename your real Civ4 folder back to what it was.
                        9. Now you can run either version of the game from its folders. Be aware that the INI file and other shared folders are the same!

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it's said to work.

Comment

Working...
                        X