2 on 2 PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 on 2 PBEM?

I would like to start a PBEM with 4 players, no AI. 2 vs 2 with permanent alliances on a small map, large continents or pangea maybe.

I already have another person lined up for my team, so we need 2 people for the other team. No pros please, since we certainly aren't.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

i'd be interested.

only finished 4 games so far and am still currently struggling at prince level. if that's ok for you, then great

and otherwise you can always pair yourselves with a better player
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Alright, we need 1 more.

My teammate suggests continents because "boats are fun." Of course we all know the real reason behind his thinking is he's scared of being destroyed right away.

I vote for continents as well, keeps the game from becoming a blood bath right away. And boats are fun.

Comment

well, actually continents means you could share it with another civ. so worst case you still get eliminated early on
        did you mean archipelago maps?

Comment

Do you still need someone to join? I'd like to but I won't be able to play for a week over the Xmas period so it's up to you.
          http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

Well, that would be a time that we'd probably get through a whole bunch of turns. Perhaps your partner could take over your turns that week, since you'll have permanent alliances. Just use a password you don't mind him knowing.

If that's okay with both you and sabrewolf, I guess I'll start the game either tonight or tomorrow. Otherwise we can just take a break over that week.

Tell me your email addresses, and what Civ/Leader, if you have a preference.

Archipelago sounds good, I don't think i've EVER played one before, in Civ2, 3 or 4. It would atleast prevent rushing with stacks of 30 units early in the game. Unless you have a ton of boats, but then your economy would be shot and you'd lose anyways...

Comment

Yeah

This sounds good to me. I'll be gone for a little bit around Christmas too. I won't mind if we take a break while you're gone.
              By the way, I'm aebbeka's partner.

Comment

ok, then i guess i'm with lumpkin

what civ do you want?

Comment

You'll both be your own different Civ, seperate nations, but in a permanent alliance.

Comment

i know that... i'm playing another cooperation game

Comment

Well... I guess I already know your email, but what Civ do you want to be?

Comment

Thanks a lot

And yes I’m happy for sabrewolf to control my stuff when I don’t have access to civ.

I’d like to be the Americans under Washington. But if you don’t mind I’d like to customise the names:
                        Description of civilisation: Lumpland
                        Quick description: Lumpfolk
                        Adjective: Lumpish

My email address is ndholzapfel at yahoo dot co dot uk (sorry, I’m paranoid about spam machines)

I don’t mind what settings we play with.

Comment

Alright sabrewolf, tell me your Civ and we can start tonight. (well, middle of the night for you )

Lumpkin, if you hit ALT-D during your turn, you can change all those names to anything you want.

Comment

aebbeka:
                            alright, i'd take montezuma of the aztecs, if you don't mind

i play my turns around 11PM GMT, so if you guys all play late at night, i should be before you all (that means last position). however if anybody plays before work, maybe put that person before me?

looking forward to this game

Comment

Thanks for the tip aebbekka. This is my first ever multiplayer civ game so I wasn't sure how it worked.

I'm a student and keep irregular hours so I could be taking my turn any time between 10AM and 11PM GMT.

Comment

Working...
                              X