[PBEM] The Speed of Grand Passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PBEM] The Speed of Grand Passage

4 player PBEM, no AI civ, pangaea, small world, all other settings standard, noble difficulty

Turn order:

Rhothaerill (rhothaerill TA comcast TOD net) - Napoleon (French - aggressive, industrious)
    conmcb25 (conmcb25 TA bluemarble TOD net) - Montezuma (Aztecs - aggressive, spiritual)
    Beta (brucehynes57 TA rogers TOD com) - Peter (Russians - philosophical, expansive)
    Wittlich (wittlich TA sbcglobal TOD net) - Roosevelt (Americans - industrious, organized)

Let the game begin....
    Attached Files

Got your POM, and Im not worried about passwords, it maybe better if we DONT add them, there was some kind of a password encryption change from 1.00 to 1.09, and if had a password (anyone) in a 1.00 game you can't continue playing the PBEM in 1.09

What grand passage are we doing on a Pangea map?????
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
      Got your POM, and Im not worried about passwords, it maybe better if we DONT add them, there was some kind of a password encryption change from 1.00 to 1.09, and if had a password (anyone) in a 1.00 game you can't continue playing the PBEM in 1.09

What grand passage are we doing on a Pangea map?????
      Heh, no it's all about the speed of the game. The first grand passage went at the speed of a full turn a day after you came into it. This setup is just about the same. It won't necessarily go that quickly since I think all of us are busier now than back then (I didn't have a baby back then ) but I still expect it will move along decently.

Comment

OK cool I get it, Im usually good for one turn a day, in the evenings now for me but I could play right before I leave for work.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Ok guys, I'm checking in and marking my territory.

Good luck to one and all - This should prove interesting for me since it is my first CivIV PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
            Ok guys, I'm checking in and marking my territory.

Good luck to one and all - This should prove interesting for me since it is my first CivIV PBEM game.
            Yeah, mine too, and Beta's as well I think. Con is the only one of us who has prior C4 PBEMs going.

Good luck to all of you...but not too good.

Comment

I have already been in four, Ive won two, and Im ahead points wise in the other two.

But with Beta as part of the competition I wont have to try as hard with this one

Comment

I have already been in four, Ive won two, and Im ahead points wise in the other two.
                con - are you confusing SPAM and civ4 again?
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

con - are you confusing SPAM and civ4 again?
                  Whadda ya mean? Are they different?

Comment

Whadda ya mean? Are they different?
                    Since both you and Beta are now Deities...I would say: No, there is no difference.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

con - did you officially make it???

4000bc to you.

OK - couple of newbie questions:

1. How do you send the save directly from the game?

2. Since I could not do that - I had to track down the save. I noticed that part of the civ4 set-up is under programs-Firaxis, and the rest is under Games in My documents. Help?

(Why did MS make windows so absolutely un-intuitive, and why are my game fils now in two places? Was not the case with civ3.)

Rhoth - thanks for setting the game up, and thanks for the very handy starter pack. Tanks versus lions should be interesting.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Sending the save from in game is not working correctly yet you n00b.

But the instructions are in this forum somewhere, a lot of folks have not been able to make it work so I haven't tried.

The only thing in my documents is your saves and actually when you get used to it it actually easier to find your saves, did you notice a separate folder was automatically set up for this PBEM?

This is similar to how Pirates! Is set up also.

Good lord, Im playing a Diety who is also a nOOb, talk about mindless spaming

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                          con - did you officially make it???

4000bc to you.
                          I made it a couple of weeks back. My 10,000th post was in the Sarantium thread, you know that team you are the leader of

And there is no 4000BC save in my email

Comment

Glad you posted that Con....I was getting ready to demand that you play your turn and don't spam the thread (unless the notice that you've sent the save along is attached with your spam).
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Oh crap is this actually a pass the save thread? Thanks for telling me Witt, I figured this was just for spaming

Comment

Working...
                              X