Not going to forget this lesson soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not going to forget this lesson soon.

This happened a few game ago, but it is still fresh in my mind.

I'm playing as Saladin, planning on making a run at snagging as many religions as I can, and possibly going for Culture. Playing on a standard sized pangea, with default # of civs.
    Start to scout around, find the coast at a nice distance to place a second city. I meet Isabella to the west, and find more coast to the east. To make an unrelavent story short, I'm trapped on the south eastern tail of the continent, with enough room for 5 cities before she boxes me in.
    So I do what any good little civ would do in this case. I start brown nosing as much as I can. Same religion, same civics, whatever she wants she gets. Anyone who wants a piece of me has to go through her first .
    Alexander doesn't quite like the fact that the lowly Arabians with a paltry standing army keep denying his right to take what he wants. So he declares war. Mouse over to Isabella, Alt-click to open up trade dialog and bribe her to declare war and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Ctrl-click is trade, and Alt-click is declare war. I am now at war with the two most powerful civs in the game.

Amen for autosaves.

That's beautiful, Bob

By the way, I think 5 cities is fine for standard. I usually build 5 or 6 cities (or I take them from Barbs) and then start building an army.

Last game I started next to Saladin, I took him out after building my second city with 6 archers and one Axeman (Prince diff). After that I still only had room for 6 cities, so I had basicly the same start as other games.

Comment

I just click on the AI to start anything. I have always thought that the Ctrl/Alt click were asking for trouble; never used them.

Going through the 1 or 2 extra clicks is a great alternative to risking some diplomatic guffaw/foot in mouth disease!

Comment

So THAT's why monty usually declares war on his allies in a middle of a war, rather than asking them to help him.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
          So THAT's why monty usually declares war on his allies in a middle of a war, rather than asking them to help him.
          hehehehehe.....

Comment

Working...
          X