Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 202 - No Civ Is An Island

Welcome to AU202 - No Civ Is An Island.

In this course, we will be examining several things related to world aquatic. First and foremost, dealing with an empire of islands, where land is sometimes at a premium. Along with that, managing a navy and dealing with naval combat around the globe. Blockades, convoys, and amphibious invasions are the order of the day. To that end, the chosen civ for this course is the Vikings, terror of the high seas! Your opponents consist of some of the feared naval powers from throughout history, but you'll just have to wait and see how you fare against them.

The scenario file will let you choose your difficulty level and game speed, but please make sure to specify those in your DARs.

With that said, enjoy!
    Attached Files
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Thanks for doing this, Zargon. Hopefully I'll find the time to play it.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

w00t it's up! And with a good name too.
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

And with a good name too.
        I try my best

Comment

By the way I recommend not using my AI with this, it's naval performance is not so good. It may not do worse, but the improvements do not justify invalidating the difficulty level comparison. If you think it'll be too easy then raise the difficulty one or two levels over what you'd normally play. The AI is bad at water maps so that's probably not a bad idea in general.

Comment

Good to know, Blake.

Comment

Sorry, is this AU to civ4 or warlords?

Best regards,

Comment

This is a Warlords course.

Comment

Thanks, ZargonX.

I'll go there.

Best regards,

Comment

Just downloaded the file, but I have to warn you that AVG detected a generic back door trojan in it. Fortunately AVG was able to clean the file however Zargon may want to check his machine for infections or the Poly server may need cleaning.
                    I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

Things are clean on my end. Not sure how that would have gotten in there :???:

Comment

Um... did I screw something up, or was there a turn limit that no one mentioned?

Around 1000AD, the game ended due to turns on marathon.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Oh dear, I have heard of this happening before. I predict the epic version (which I am playing through but haven't gone far enough to find out) will do something similar. I think the only work around to this sort of problem is to use a save game editor to disable time victory.

Comment

im playing on epic
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Have you run into the problem yet? It was only a theory, it might not happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X